Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS WDA UWL - Time approval workitem launch not working

praveenkumar_kadi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting a blank screen while trying to approve the time sheet workitem in ESS UWL. I have tried all the options including re-registering the system, clearing the cache. System connection seems to be fine as am able to see the workflow item in my SAP inbox as well as portal ESS. But nothing has worked. I have referred to the below links.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_05/helpdata/en/23/fb38abf0804628a5e3f024587cf698/frameset.htm

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3195632

Screen shot from portal: The blank screen appears when i click on the workflow item

Screen shot from SWFVISU: Shows the parameters i have maintained

Screen shot of the XML also attached.

This issue has becoome a show stopper, so appreciate quick responses from SDN friends.

Thanks

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

are you using MSS add on? if yes, please check the note below

very important to have this note 1600953 implmented.

Please enable the UWL support information. In order to do this,

follow the steps which are described for your version on SAP Note

can you using this ?

HRMSS_A_CATS_APPROVAL_1

?

also do you check your system alias, its critical!

praveenkumar_kadi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

We are not using MSS Add-on. I have tried using the Application name you have suggested. Instead of a blank screen, now i see a page not found error. Please advise if activating the MSS add-on would resolve this issue?

Thanks

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I would recommend using MSS add on and using the correct XML

praveenkumar_kadi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This issue has been resolved by adding another parameter to time approval - sap-config-id in SWFVISU.

Thanks everyone. I am closing this.

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I configured SWFVISU as below and released time for approval but don't see task in UWL inbox.

APPLICATION = HRMSS_A_CATS_APPROVAL

CONFIGURATION = HRMSS_AC_CATS_APPROVAL

DYNPARAM = WL_ID=${item.externalId}

NAMESPACE = SAP

SYSTEM_ALIAS = SAP_ECC_HumanResources

We have installed MSS Add-on 1.0, will it work without UWL configuration as per note 1600953 or did you configure UWL as well?

Before you close the thread mentioned that "you resolved by adding another parameter to the approval" - what is that, can you please provide details?

Thanks,

Kiran.

praveenkumar_kadi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Time approval config goes like below.

Dynamic Param needs to be added based on Application URL.

For Time approval application (TS31000007) will have a dynamic param

As WL_ID = {item.workitemId}&sap-config-id=HRMSS_AC_CATS_APPROVAL

And Application as HRMSS_A_CATS_APPROVAL.

As I indicated, We added sap-config-id and it started working. Try if it helps for you.

Thanks

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I am still getting the same blank page with two blue bars (similar to your original posting). Can you please take  a look and let me know if I need to add sap-config-id in xml too.

I have added in sap-config-id in SWFVISU, the configuration looks below now:

APPLICATION = HRMSS_A_CATS_APPROVAL_1

DYNPARAM = WL_ID=${item.externalId}&sap-wd-configId=HRMSS_AC_CATS_APPROVAL_1

NAMESPACE = SAP

SYSTEM_ALIAS = SAP_WebDynpro_XSS

and xml is as below:

<ItemType name="uwl.task.webflow.TS31000007.SAP_WebDynpro_XSS" connector="WebFlowConnector" defaultView="DefaultView" defaultAction="launchWebDynPro" executionMode="default">

<ItemTypeCriteria systemId="SAP_WebDynpro_XSS" externalType="TS31000007" connector="WebFlowConnector"/>

<Actions>

<Action name="launchWebDynPro" groupAction="" handler="SAPWebDynproABAPLauncher" returnToDetailViewAllowed="yes" launchInNewWindow="yes" launchNewWindowFeatures="resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes,status=yes,toolbar=no,menubar=no,location=no,directories=no">

<Properties>

<Property name="display_order_priority" value="5"/>

<Property name="newWindowFeatures" value="resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes,status=yes,toolbar=no,menubar=no,location=no,directories=no"/>

<Property name="WebDynproNamespace" value="SAP"/>

<Property name="WebDynproApplication" value="HRMSS_A_CATS_APPROVAL_1"/>

<Property name="openInNewWindow" value="yes"/>

<Property name="DynamicParameter" value="WL_ID=${item.externalId}"/>

</Properties>

<Descriptions default=""/>

</Action>

</Actions>

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found the problem, it should be DYNPARAM = WI_ID=${item.externalId}&sap-wd-configId=HRMSS_AC_CATS_APPROVAL_1

But I had typo WL_ID

Thanks everyone.

0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am trying to execute the time approval application HRMSS_A_CATS_APPROVAL_1 in SE80.

Getting the error as ERROR: Exception condition "PROFILE_NOT_FOUND" triggered(termination: RABAX_STATE).

We are going to EhP7 upgrade and this is first time we are applying CATS Approval in our system.

Thanks,

Nageswar.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I got solution after maintained CVR parameter CATS_APPR_PROF.

Answers (0)