cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version 1.4 "The Launcher is Exited with Error" when trying to start up

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a user that has Analysis for Office v1.4 installed on her machine. She's using Windows XP and Office 2007 and when we try to start up Analysis Excel opens but no splash screen comes up. When I close Excel the attached error message comes up with the text of "The Launcher is exited with error, see log file for more details.". The log file text is:

- Error:General .NET Exception:

Process has exited, so the requested information is not available.

at System.Diagnostics.Process.EnsureState(State state)

at System.Diagnostics.Process.get_MainWindowHandle()

at com.sap.ip.bi.pioneer.core.launcher.CrOfficeGetterHelper.GetApplication(Process iProcess)

at com.sap.ip.bi.pioneer.core.launcher.CrLauncherUtils.TryFindApplication(Process iProcess, CrOfficeGetterHelper iGetAppl)

at com.sap.ip.bi.pioneer.core.launcher.CrLauncherUtils.GetExcelApplication(CrOfficeGetterHelper iOfficeGetterHelper, Process iExcelProcess, Int32 iMaxCount)

at com.sap.ip.bi.pioneer.core.launcher.CrLauncherUtils.StartNewExcelApplication(CrOfficeGetterHelper iOfficeGetterHelper)

at com.sap.ip.bi.pioneer.core.launcher.CrLauncher.StartNewOfficeApplication(CrOfficeGetterHelper iOfficeGetterHelper)

at com.sap.ip.bi.pioneer.core.launcher.CrLauncher.StartApplication(CrOfficeGetterHelper iOfficeGetterHelper)

at com.sap.ip.bi.pioneer.addins.launcher.Launcher.Main(String[] args)

| 2013-11-21T09:48:42| com.sap.ip.bi.pioneer.addins.launcher.Launcher.Main() ()

After opening excel again I was able to manually activate the Analysis COM Add-in and use the program as usual. However, after I exit and try to re-launch I have to manually activate it again. I saw one "fix" that mentioned copying the dlls from the temp install files into the Analysis folder but that didn't fix it either. We've used the same install on other machines with the same configuration without incident. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Christopher,

according to SAP Note 1789864, that error will appear "In some rare cases" when using MS Office 2007. Because of this, a 2nd launcher is delivered with the Analysis for Office installation. If you check your Analysis for Office installation folder, you will find there 2 executable files:

• BiSharedAddinLauncher.exe
    • BiShared07AddinLauncher.exe

the BiSharedAddinLauncher.exe is used by default in all the shortcuts. If you are using MS Office 2007 and you are getting those errors, you can point your shortcuts to the BiShared07AddinLauncher.exe instead. It has at least worked for me 🙂

Best regards!

Ricardo Vieira

Former Member
0 Kudos

This worked like a charm - thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ricardo,

I also have Analysis for Office v1.4 SP 5  installed on my machine using Microsoft Office 2007 on Windows 7. I got this error when I launched the AA office "The Launcher is exited with error, see log file for more details.". The log file text is:

- Error: General .NET Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at com.sap.ip.bi.pioneer.core.launcher.CrLauncherUtils.GetOfficePath(String iClassId)

at com.sap.ip.bi.pioneer.core.launcher.CrLauncherUtils.StartExcelProcess()

at com.sap.ip.bi.pioneer.core.launcher.CrLauncherUtils.StartNewExcelApplication(CrOfficeGetterHelper iOfficeGetterHelper)

at com.sap.ip.bi.pioneer.core.launcher.CrLauncher.StartNewOfficeApplication(CrOfficeGetterHelper iOfficeGetterHelper)

at com.sap.ip.bi.pioneer.core.launcher.CrLauncher.StartApplication(CrOfficeGetterHelper iOfficeGetterHelper)

at com.sap.ip.bi.pioneer.addins.launcher.Launcher.Main(String[] args)

This is quite different from error reported by Christopher. Any clue on how to resolve this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

this is just a guess: Do you have Admin rights on your PC?

Have you tried executing AO via right mouse click and "Execute as Admin"? Same issue?

Best regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Will this also be the solution for Office 2010 and 2013?

(I know 1.4 is running out of support soon, but I need a quick solution )

Answers (0)