Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java table splitting in ABAP+JAVA Stack

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

Having some query regarding Java table splitting option for ABAP+JAVA Stacks.

Our system is running on abap+java stack, while running SWPM we get the option for table splitting, which prompt it is specifically for ABAP stack only.

Then my query is how to do JAVA table splitting using SWPM in ABAP+JAVA (NW 7.02) stack system .

If there is no option then only option is using Jsplitter tool for Java table splitting. Can anybody confirm me, is there any option in SWPM for abap+java stack and how to use it, any pointer on it.

Thanks and appreciate for you help

Regards,

Anil Bhandary

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Also, Java splitting screen will come when you will run export(after ABAP table splitting).

best regards

ashish

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Prabhakar.

Thanks Ashish, I seen that option and simply ignored that, my mistake.

Can you tell me , after setting this option, where i can get Java table splitting option, Whether in TABLE SPLITTING TAB in SWPM or directly while doing Database export i will find that option.

Do you have any screenshot in which option of SAPINST i can get that option.

Thanks,

Anil Bhandary

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also, Java splitting screen will come when you will run export(after ABAP table splitting).

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b070e7b4-a5ca-2c10-1dab-a4b53fd1c...

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I done earlier exporting without using that envrioment variable, so i thinnk i have not got that option of java splitting.

The link you provided is showing java splitting option came after selecting AS JAVA drop down option.

Will be same screens will come when i will set the envrioment variable and then select AS JAVA and AS ABAP option from Drop Down option in SWPM.

Regards,

Anil Bhandary

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It should come.

However this screen is for NW 7.3 Dual stack. I have not executed 7.02, but guide mentions for 7.02, environmental variable is required. So, i say it should come.

Also in 7.3 export for dual stack, this screen comes in Database Instance export, not in table spliting preparations..

Let me also know results.

best regards

ashish

Message was edited by: ashish vikas

Message was edited by: ashish vikas

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

• The separation of the Java stack of a dual-stack source system into a new SAP system with the dual-stack split procedure
    Dual-stack split is based on SAP system copy technology performed with SAPinst – the split procedure supports the copy of the Java stack of a dual-stack system into a new Java-only system. For the technical split, two options are offered: 
    • Keep DB option (MCOD), where a new Java system gets installed without additional database – instead, also the new Java system is re-using the existing database via MCOD (Multiple Components in One Database).
    • Move DB option (non-MCOD), where the new Java systems gets installed with an own additional database

SWPM SP04 - SL1.0 SP 09 Dual-stack Split

Offering

Tool supports to copy the Java stack into a new Java-only system, and the former dual-stack system is reduced into an ABAP-only system.

Changes with SL Toolset SPS 09:

• With SL Toolset SPS09, system rename is now a procedure of the software provisioning manager

More information:

BR,

Prabhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos