SAP for Consumer Products Discussions
Share ideas and solve challenges on branding, personalization, and supply chain optimization with fellow SAP users in consumer products. Join a discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catch Weight Management with Food & Beverage Industry Solution

0 Kudos

We are about to activate IS-CWM in ERP 6.0 EHP6 with the SAP AIO Food & Beverage Solution loaded into it. We have been told that there are no other SAP Customers that have attempted this.

From a technical perspective we have several components that need to be patched before doing so and that is one concern.

I would like to know if anyone has done this that has implemented the AIO F&B Building Block solution?

I would like to also hear from anyone who has implemented the IS-CWM solution on the functionality that you really end up getting? The documentation is rather limited in details. We can see the extension in the material master to setup the catch weight but would like to know more on how the subsequent transactions in SAP are affected to accommodate the new functionality.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

0 Kudos

Now I know why no one has answered my question. After speaking with the SAP product support team for Catch Weight Management and the All in One Industry Solution support teams I found out no one has ever installed CWM with an Industry Solution!

After a series of emails and a conference call I determined that it would be possible to do it and SAP AG and America agreed. The only caveat they had was an obvious statement which was there is no configuration within the Industry solution for CWM. We expected that and pressed on.

We performed the technical upgrades needed in order to activate CWM and then activated it. We then proceeded to test every aspect of CWM to make sure it works as advertised. We found it to work perfectly with no integration issues. After going through this process we have become very knowledgeable in what it takes to implement CWM in addition to the Food and Beverage Industry Solution.

I guess I answered my own questions....

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

0 Kudos

Now I know why no one has answered my question. After speaking with the SAP product support team for Catch Weight Management and the All in One Industry Solution support teams I found out no one has ever installed CWM with an Industry Solution!

After a series of emails and a conference call I determined that it would be possible to do it and SAP AG and America agreed. The only caveat they had was an obvious statement which was there is no configuration within the Industry solution for CWM. We expected that and pressed on.

We performed the technical upgrades needed in order to activate CWM and then activated it. We then proceeded to test every aspect of CWM to make sure it works as advertised. We found it to work perfectly with no integration issues. After going through this process we have become very knowledgeable in what it takes to implement CWM in addition to the Food and Beverage Industry Solution.

I guess I answered my own questions....

0 Kudos

Hi James,

I just came out from a conference call with SAP with exactly the same question. I didn't get a good reply from them.  I am glad,  I found this. I am feeling good after reading this post. We are also currently planning to activate catch weight management and we are worried we can't use IS functionalities in future. Looks like it is not a problem. Please let me know, if we can talk to you to get some more inputs.

Regards,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello James,

We are attempting to activate CWM at the company I work for. Did you run into any big problems while doing it? Anything in particular that we should be worried about? Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos

Hi Oscar:

Actually everything went exactly as SAP specified in their documents provided your implementation meets the guidelines they specify for CWM. You have to update certain components in ECC first before activating CWM and CWM will only work with certain other business functions activated. I would recommend you to be at EHP6 to benefit from all the new CWM functionality. I think this is the link I found the PDF that is the documentation I was referring to http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm700_ehp01/helpdata/en/c6/a7a842734eb611e10000000a155106/content.htm. That is mostly Basis work and then the other tricky part is the creation of the materials and configuring them properly so that they will work the way you want them to. Best bet is to read the documentation on that link and trial and error when creating the materials. If you really need help then you can go to sappro.net and contact us. The reason I say that is there is so many ways to setup you materials and unit of measure that it would take a lot of time covering each one. The Basis requirements are spelled out pretty good by SAP so I think that part is not too difficult.

0 Kudos

Thanks James!

I just wanted to make sure there wasn't a huge downside with implementing the CWM solution.