Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-SAP Images on ITSmobile screens

volker_bock
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi out there,

a question I am thinking about for a certain time now is:

Is there a rather simple and quick way to put any images (Gifs) on an ITSmobile screen? And for example to switch it on or off under certain conditions?

I know how to change the "frame" by modifieing the CUAAREA.html, but how about the data screens itself ?

Is there any documentation out there, which possibilities there are to change the appearence of ITSmobile screens without buying a >10.000 € software package?

thanks in advance

Volker

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

The ITSMobile visual editor allows this. Not 100% will it enable what you wish.

ITSmobile Visual Editor --> http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/x/-QRPF

Regards,

Oisin

volker_bock
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have SAPKB73101. Thus, reading the link you provided, it seems not to be possible to use the Visual Editor without an upgrade? Or do we have another chance?

regards

Volker

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Volker,

You are right.

Note 1872180 - ITSmobile Visual Editor // Main Note // confirms this.

I do not see any other method to get the ITSmobile Visual Editor other than that outlined in this note.

Regards,

Oisin

volker_bock
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Oisin,

thanks a lot, thus we will wait for the next upgrade :-).

Volker

volker_bock
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Oisin,

I get back to this thread (hopefully you or somebody else will note it), now as we are in an upgrade project and now have the visual editor on our system. I check it a bit. Seems pretty easy to change colors and styles, but I still miss the possibility to put certain additional images (gifs / jpegs) on an editor template. Is this impossible or do I miss something?

I am just curious, we definitely can live withaout it , but it would be nice to have.

And: Is there a manual out there? or only the links here: http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/HOME/ITSmobile+Visual+Editor

Regards,

Volker

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Volker,

What about the following note

1907123  url->mimeurl for generation of HTML templates from editor templates

came across this note in the note

1872180 - ITSmobile Visual Editor // Main Note //

Regards,

Oisin

former_member185704
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

The ITSmobile Visual Editor offers you to assign images to individual UI elements of a screen.

To do so, you need to add the gif/jpg image(s) to the corresponding Internet Service into the "Mime objects" folder or a subfolder of the "Mime objects" folder. (To keep things simple, please use the same Internet Service that contains the generated "Editor Templates").

After the images are present under the "Mime objects" folder, you can open a screen in the Visual Editor and choose one of the screen elements there (a label, button or another element). You can modify the "background" property of a screen element to display this image as a background of this element.

Example: Your image "example.gif" is stored in

Topic 99 / Mime Objects / images / example.gif

In the Visual Editor, the property "background" of the UI element should then contain:

url(images/example.gif)

As a result, the image should show up within the editor and also within the ITSmobile HTML templates (please re-generate and publish them).

The most common use case of a background image would be used to style a UI element that is waiting for user interaction (e. g. a button). But if you choose a label element you can also achieve to define the label text/caption (if any) as transparent to just show an image at a desired location of the screen in a desired size - well, this means: the original size of the image (overlaying other UI elements is not recommended).

This approach will only affect one screen. My explanation is not helpful if you want to add an image to all screens of an Internet service.

If you just want to have a company logo in one corner at the top of the screen you could also use the classic cuaarea approach.

Hope this helps.

It is possible that you need to apply some recent SAP notes to get this functionality fully working. This feature has been improved recently.

Regards,

Henning

volker_bock
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

may be I am blind :-). I cannot find the background property. I only find:

do I need anther SAP note? I already loaded the one mentioned by Oisin (1907123).

Volker

former_member185704
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

You will need to apply another SAP Note. I will post the note number here soon. I'm working on this area at the moment.

Regards,

Henning

volker_bock
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Henning,

any news?

I am just curious :-).

Volker

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

Do you have the correction of note

2009293 - URL for included image not correct

implemented?

Has correction for your 731 Release (SNOTE correction for SAPKB73101 - SAPKB73112)

On a side note(pardon the pun) this note 2009293 has the component information - BC-DWB-TOO-WAB i.e the "Web Application Builder" so if searching for notes regarding ITSMobile Visual Editor also use this component

Regards,

Oisin

volker_bock
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Oisin,

yes today I implemented the note you mention. But I had no chance up to now to check whether I can insert images now.

Do you know, whether this waqs the note Henning was talking about?

Volker

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

No. I don't believe so. Note was released on the 24.04.2014. Which was around the time of Henning's last reply. I could be wrong here though.

Regards,

Oisin

former_member185704
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

Oisin is right. I will post here once I have news regarding a solution. Thanks for your patience!

Regards,

Henning

former_member185704
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

Please check SAP note 2057020.

Regards,

Henning

Add note link Message was edited by: Oisin ONidh

Message was edited by: Oisin ONidh

volker_bock
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Henning,

thanks for the information, I implemented the SAP not as well as the ones required additionally using SNOTE. I put an image as Background for a text field / text label. In the Editor template the image is visible. When I create the HTML template, I can "see" the image in the source code. But I cannot see it, when I run the application in the Internet Explorer or Google Chrome. It is not a matter of caching, as I also "see" the image in the source code, when displaying it within the browser.

Any ideas?

P.S.: Must I set some property to "transparent" or something like this? And will there be a manual how to work with the Visual Editor in general?

Volker

Message was edited by: Volker Bock

Answers (0)