cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling Agreement with uncertain price (ROH) during MIGO-GR -PART 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am a question and a business scenario not sure if SA is right solution, and would like to seek your opinion.

In order to better plan our material requirement in production, and collaboration between our MRP plans with supplier, we would like to make use of scheduling agreement to purchase our raw material. Another great benefit of using SA is to cutting down the number of individual Purchasing Order sending to them, and instead, sending them the weekly required delivery schedule copy to them, and they plan their resource and send me the raw mat base on our schedule.

However, there is a problem on raw material because the ordering price is fluctuating in every month and we do not know the accurate price until during MIGO-GR. Hence, that makes it impossible for us to insert the individual pricing condition in the SA (net price field in SA is require field and cannot be blank) for the whole year.

Question - Do you face such problem and if yes, how do you handle this using SA?

One workaround solution I could think of is that to maintain the net price in SA as 0.01 for the whole duration of SA period, and business ensure the price value change to actual price in the SA one day before the actual goods delivery from Vendor. This will ensure that during MIGO-GR, the GR/IR posting value will pick up the correct buying price in the SA. Off-course this will require vendor upfront agreement about such arrangement.

Question - What do you think of my workaround?

Regards,
Daniel Tuff

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you can use SA for this scenario. and if you know the price of whole year for material, you can maintain it on SA via validity date range, or if material rate fluctuate, you can also control this via SA validity date range price. Just maintain it before goods receive.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the note: 456691  - FAQ: Price determination in purchasing

The note clearly explains all your questions.
   The price determination during GR can be carried out by maintaining pricing date category "5" (new price determination at GR) in the info record. Please check the question number 26 in the note mentioned.

Regards,

AKPT