Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analysis Workspace Error after BO 4.1 Upgrade

carsten_ziemann
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey @ all,

after a Upgrade von BO 4.0 to  BO 4.1 we get an error for only one Analysis OLAP Workspace.

Analysis, Edition für OLAP, hat um 8:59 PM eine unerwartete Ausnahme festgestellt und musste geschlossen werden.

"

Analysis, edition for OLAP encountered an unexpected exception at 9:17 PM that has caused it to close.

The following reasons may have caused the unexpected exception:

•Analysis, edition for OLAP has timed out. Your workspace may have been automatically saved to your Favorites folder as an "autosave" file.

•A fatal exception has occurred. Log on again to Analysis, edition for OLAP.

If you repeatedly see this error, contact your administrator."

We only get this error for one OLAP Report. All other Analysis for OLAP reports are working fine.

In Logging we only get errors in the CMS Service:

"

|f7a1a28b-a0cd-3bd4-4afb-4c924acc9ac3|2013 11 24 20:59:17:374|+0100|Error| |  |E| |cms_Server.CentralManagementServer| 4380|3920|| |195|0|3|0|BIlaunchpad.WebApp|Server:5248:256.2724:1|BIPSDK.SessionMgr:getSession|Server:4268:23375.27353:3|cms_Server.CentralManagementServer.newService|localhost:4380:3920.175052:1|CtX7QLkD9kIvsH6qutALzNUaa2|||||||||||Failed to get session id from handle and handle is not set to bypass nor server-server discovery‑"

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kelly_stone1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi - Having same issue.  Was this resolved?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kelly,

What is the Product Locale and Preferred Viewing Locale in BI Launchpad Preferences set to ? What is the IE Language set to ?

Regards,

Kunal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten,

Are you using the same OLAP connection for the problematic report as for the good ones?

Was the connection migrated or created from scratch? In case of the migrated connection, would you be able to try creating a new connection and then updating the report to use it (and confirm/refute the problem is connection related as implied in the error)?

You could update the connection information for the migrated workspace in CMC doing the following steps:

i. Use Folders menu in CMC, and then Object List view

ii. Find and right click on the migrated workspace

iii. Select Connections context menu

iv. Click Replace Connection hyperlink

v. Using Replace With drop-down list box select the manually created connection.

Regards,

Boris

carsten_ziemann
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey,

no we haven´t migradet the connection. But i tried to change the connection and we get the same effect. If we try to open the report we get directly the error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten,

Is it the same OLAP connection as for the other working reports?

Can you create a new report off the same BEX query using this connection?

Regards,

Boris

carsten_ziemann
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Boris,

yes the OLAP Connection is working for many other reports. It´s a single connection against the hole BW system. The querys works, for other reports.

Best regards

Carsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Carsten.

Is this SSO or a username/password connection?

Is the report accessed directly in BI Launchpad or via OpenDoc/iView from SAP EP?

carsten_ziemann
Participant
0 Kudos

The connection uses SSO.

The report is accessed directly in BI Launchpad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you please set the tracing level to High for APS hosting MDAS server, and check the APS traces again?

carsten_ziemann
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Boris,

i set Trace Level of MDAS Service to High. And there is no error in the MDAS Service.

We had splitted the APS as Mentioned in APS Splitting Note.

Should i change the trace level of another service???

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could increase the trace level for 'Analysis edition for OLAP' application in CMC, and collect its traces, which will be on the web application server side.

carsten_ziemann
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Boris,

for MDAS Service the trace level is High but there is no error reported. How could i increase the trace level for Analysis edition for OLAP application in the CMC.

In Applications i only had a rights section for analysis olap.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's done in CMC (under applications) by adjusting the tracing level for 'BI Launchpad' application itself since Analysis is the part of it.