Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual Axis charts issue with Design Studio 1.2

madireddy_rahulreddy
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I have installed the latest Design Studio 1.2 and was excited to see quite a lot of additions being made in this minor release.  However i am facing an issue with Column-Combination Dual axis chart. Please share some insight into how i can resolve this.

I am displaying the below 4 measures in my Column-Combination dual axis chart. Below are my data ranges

1.Sales Actual year   : Values range between 100k and 150k

2.Sales Previous year : Values range between 100k and 150k

3.Target Sales           : Values range between 100k and 150k

4.% of Sales              : Values range between 40% and 50%.

But the Column Combination Dual axis chart doesn't give me an option to make "% of sales" as second axis and the other 3 Sales measures as my first axis. it also does not give me an option to make my first 2 measures as columns and next two measures as lines.  I want my Sales Actual Year and Sales Previous Year to be columns(first axis), Target Sales to be a line (first axis) and % of Sales to be a line( second axis).

Can someone help me with this? Thanks. Please let me know in case you need any further information

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try changing the order of the measures in the Edit > Initial View and see if that gives you the desired impact.

If that doesn't work, I recommend using the camera icon to include a screen shot of both your edit initial view and the current graph - it may allow others to help you better.

Tammy

madireddy_rahulreddy
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Tammy for your reply. I tried changing the order of measures but it didnt work. I am attaching the screen of the initial view and the graph screenshot. You can notice that the % of Sales line is grounded in the graph and both the axis are representing the same scale and the "swap axes" property for the chart is set to "true"

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am out at a site volunteering right now and cannot try this myself

The only other idea I had is to try this and place your measures in a specific sequence:

Good luck and I will try this later when or if I can

Tammy

madireddy_rahulreddy
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Tammy for the response. I tried this as well and it doesn't seem to make a difference. Only the first measure is displayed as column and the rest as rows for Column Combination dual axis chart. And both the axes are having the same scale.

Thanks for your time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you already try with the settings under Additional Properties, Data Series, Displayed Measures?

Best regards,

Victor

madireddy_rahulreddy
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

The screenshot you sent is exactly the result i want. Is there any reason why i am unable to see the "Displayed Measures" section under the additional properties->data series. Pls find below a screenshot of the additional properties of my Column combination dual axis chart. Can you please share your initial view,chart type and swap axis property for the chart ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

I got 3 measures in the rows, 1 characteristic the columns, swap axis on the chart = false. I also tried the other way around, I still get all dialogs.

Maybe those "Displayed Measures" cannot be displayed as your properties window is too small?

Best regards,

Victot

madireddy_rahulreddy
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

Pls find below the maximized additional properties screen and my initial view.I cannot understand why I am unable to see "displayed measures" property. I received the design studio 1.2 installation file from my basis team yesterday. The version is Release 1.2, Version 12.0.2.201311041742 . When i start Design Studio, I could see the above numbers.I hope I am not missing a patch or something.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It looks like you need to scroll down to maximize your window.  I will try to record to show you

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
madireddy_rahulreddy
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy, Thanks for your video. I am still unable to find scroll bar for additional properties.Even when I maximize it, I am unable to see the Displayed Measures setting in additional properties. Please find the video recording of my issue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbjtTCJ7x2g&feature=youtu.be 

madireddy_rahulreddy
Participant
0 Kudos

And moreover, for the "Column Combination" chart, I am able to view the "Displayed measures" additional property but for the "Column Combination Dual axis" chart, I am unable to view the "Displayed Measures" additional property. Is there any reason why this property wouldn't appear for a dual axis chart?

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am at a loss - have you turned on the trace logs to see if there could be another error with this chart?

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Another question - did you download the support pack with Design Studio or the one under Installation?

I downloaded the support pack client version of 1.2 and am not seeing it.

I realize this is just grasping

madireddy_rahulreddy
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Tammy for your response. Its working fine now . I completely uninstalled Design Studio.(I had installed the one under installation and not support pack). I got the direct 1.2 client installation file "DSCLIENT00_0-20011343.EXE ". I installed it and magically the column combination dual axis chart seems to be working fine now. I am able to see the displayed measures tab.

Answers (0)