cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to seperate ASCS from CI of ERP 6 EHP 6 ( IDES Version ) - Linux 64bit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear NW Administrators,

Is it possible to separate ( Msg Serv and Enq Serv ) ASCS from an existing installations CI ? If Yes .. how do I go about it ?

My Situation :

------------------

My task was to install ERP 6.0 EHP 6 on a Linux 64bit system as DISTRIBUTED INSTALLATION ....

1.) ASCS   < Port No 71>

2.) CI         < Port No 72>

3.) DB        < Port No 73>

How ever when I started out with the media given to me, the sapinst  ( Not SWPM ) sapinst was given separately for ERP 6 EHP 6.

Under Oracle, Linux, Distributed System installation type ... I had only 3 steps ...

1.) Global host preparation

2.) DB installation

3.) Central instance installation

No ASCS found there, now I've completed the installation and post installation activities ... But the requirement was to install with an ASCS !!

Is there anyway possible that I can separate the ASCS from the existing  installation  .. so that I don't have to scrap the whole installation !!

If there is a way please guide me with clear steps ..

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Like which media do I use ?

Media No ?

How should I go about it ?

Have anyone of you done it before ? Was it successful ?

ERP 6 EHP 6 ( IDES )

Oracle 11g

Linux 64bit OS

Requirement to separate ASCS from an existing installation !!

HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU PEOPLE SOON !!

Thanks in advance for all your help and support !!

Regards

Msat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member186845
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Msat,

I am afraid to tell you that it is not possible to split off the ASCS from CI in your case. You have a system based on SAP NetWeaver 7.03 with Oracle. As it was pointed in this thread so far, all documents and SAP notes refers MaxDB only.

If you had a system based on SAP NetWeaver 7.1 or higher, you would be able to split off the ASCS from CI. As you can see below, this option exists on SWPM:

But this option does not exist on the 70SWPM, which is the version to install NW 7.0x-based systems. Also there are no document, guide or SAP note that indicates this procedure would be supported.

I would like to remember you that the usage of old Installation Master medias should not be used anymore since the SWPM was released last yeat. It is pointed by SAP note:

1589311 - Replacements of outdated tools via SL Toolse

Also I would like to reenforce that using 70SWPM you can install a fresh system with ASCS and Central Instance separetely:

As this is a fresh system, it is recommended to uninstall the system and then use the 70SWPM to perform the fresh installation once again. If the system was alreaedy used, you can perform a system copy and during the target system installation, using 70SWPM, you will be able to install the instances separetely.

Please remember to refer SAP note below to get the latest SWPM version available in the SAP Marketplace:

1680045 - Release Note for Software Provisioning Manager 1.0

Best Regards,

Henrique Girardi

SAP Active Global Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Central Services Instance ABAP - ASCS

http://scn.sap.com/community/netweaver-as/blog

BR,

Prabhakar

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

821904  - Separating SCS instances for ABAP and J2EE            

Talks about procedure for MAX DB only

Can you help me with the SWPM media number I should use, and if it would work for a ERP 6 EHP 6 system with Oracle ..

Thanks for your help !!

Former Member
0 Kudos
ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please check below document if it helps.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-42518

Also, note 821904 describes how to split a ABAP central instance.

best regards

ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

821904  - Separating SCS instances for ABAP and J2EE             Says its only for MAXDB ...

Also it doesn't seem to support Oracle.

Have you done this before Vikas ?

If you can help me with the Media what I should use and steps to perform it will be helpful

Thanks