cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Address Cleansing using BODS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I am new to BODS i want to work on Data Quality Address cleansing transformations so please specify the steps how to follow to create USA_Address_Cleansing_Directories transformation.

Thanks and Regards

Ch.Phani Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ken Burkhamer,

Could you please provide me the information about "What is Address Cleansing and what is need for Address Cleansing".

Thanks and Regards

Ch.Phani Kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phani,

I'm stuck with same kind of issue, has this resolved for you? if yes let me know I'll post my errors.

Thanks,

-Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ch.Phani Kumar,

Being as you are new to DS as you mentioned, you will want to read the SAP BusinessObjects Data Services 4.1 Reference Guide.  This guide will tell you a lot of what you need to know and get you going in the right direction with DS and setting up your DQ Address cleaning processes.  If you do not have a copy of this document yet, you can get it off the SAP Help Portal at:

http://help.sap.com/

Once there, click on the Analytics tab > All Products > English (or whatever language you are looking for) > Data Services (in the All Products drop down).  Once you are at this location, scroll down until you see, SAP BusinessObjects Data Services Reference Guide.  This will be for 4.1 SP1.  You can download it from this location.

I strongly recommend reading the entire document, however the section specifically on Data Quality and the Transforms begins on page 291.  The section on the USA Regulatory Address Cleanse transform begins on page 577.

I hope this helps you!

Regards,

Ken Burkhamer

Support Consultant, SAP Active Global Support

SAP America Inc, 332 Front Street South, 3rd Floor, La Crosse, WI  54601, USA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Ken Burkhamer.

Thanks for your response. And i created a job using the USA_Address_Cleansing with the help of Blue Prints. i.e.

and when i execute the job it shows the following error.

Could you please help me to rectify this error.

And one thing i didn't change any thing in the mapping.

Thanks in Advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ch.Phani Kumar,

The errors shown are referring to not being able to find the directory listed in the error, i.e. SuiteLink as it states in the first line.  Do you have all the directories downloaded/installed?  If so, do you have your paths set up accordingly?  You should be able to find this information to assist you with what I've mentioned in the DS Technical Manual.  If you do not have this document, you can get it from the help.sap.com website I referred to yesterday or at:

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/sboDS41/en/sbo411_ds_tech_manuals_en.pdf

You need to ensure you have already downloaded the directories you own and have installed them.  Then ensure  your paths are setup correctly and they are using your global variables/substitution parameters (p423), etc.  Again, this information should be contained in the document referenced above.

If you continue to run into errors, etc. I would advise you to log a support message in Service Marketplace and an engineer can assist you further with any other issues you may have currently.

Thanks!  I hope this helps!

Regards,

Ken Burkhamer

Support Consultant, SAP Active Global Support

SAP America Inc, 332 Front Street South, 3rd Floor, La Crosse, WI  54601, USA