Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is certification mandatory to get job in sap?

Pavan_Golesar
Active Participant

Hi,

I am Pavan, I am very disappointed to see people urging that certification is neccessary in sap to get a job..

can anyone help me in this.?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have been working as SAP consultant since 7 months. Not just me, but my entire batch of 12 got selected without knowing what is SAP. All you need to know is basic OOPS concept and Database. Companies do give training in SAP. Its a plus point if you have taken the certification.

With regards

Suneesh

13 REPLIES 13

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pavan,

No, Certification is not at all mandatory to get a job. Its like a plus point or asset if you have certification.

former_member207541
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As of my experience, a certification is not mandatory... but that does not mean that it cannot be helpful in getting a job. You should be more specific when asking because there should be significant differencies between contries/markets. If you would say what kind of job are you targeting and where, you would get better answers.

Regards,

H.

0 Kudos

ya i'll 🙂

Thanks 🙂

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Even big organizations are hiring candidates without certification, but they do ask for a few years experience.

0 Kudos

hmmm... yaa but still i'm Thinking to go for it.. as of now i don't have any way or say break into sap world 🙂

Any ways thanks 🙂

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

certification isn't mandatory but i think that is an important plus point.

Certification is a acknowledgement international validity and certifies the competence level.

Ivan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have been working as SAP consultant since 7 months. Not just me, but my entire batch of 12 got selected without knowing what is SAP. All you need to know is basic OOPS concept and Database. Companies do give training in SAP. Its a plus point if you have taken the certification.

With regards

Suneesh

Yeah.. thts cool tht you getting trained.

Do well dude.

🙂 Thanks

former_member209120
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan Golesar

SAP Certification is not mandatory but it gives value addition for getting job's.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Of-course certification gives you an edge and chances of getting shortlisted for a interview is bit more in comparison to other non-certified candidates.

However it's not mandatory to get a job specially in INDIA.

Regards

Ansumesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

I will answer you in this way that, If you have a certificate is like you have a license to drive..... else you have to try and convince others that you can drive and you are a good driver....

At the end its your experience and not the license that gets you to heights

Regards,

DN.

Ohh Wel explained 🙂 🙂

Thanks.

Pavan_Golesar
Active Participant

Closing this thread as i have got placed.. 🙂