cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Functional Location assignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have assigned to configure PM part of Fire systems.

Please let me know how to create function locations and assigning specific equipment

details mentioned below:

function location should contain

1. Place

2. Location

3. Type: ( Hydrant or extinguisher)

4. Identification no.

and also when and at what stage ( no.1 or no. 4 )  i need to attach specific equipment.

Thanks & regards,

Jasmine.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Transaction code to create Functional Locations is IL01.

You can assign equipments to the functional location while creating it in IL01 by going to menu Structure --> Equipment.

Thanks,

Sonal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Requirement is like this

1. Place

2. Location

3. Type: ( Hydrant or extinguisher)

after 3  S. no i need assign the equipment.

For example - CAMP- Fuel Depot- Hydrant

after hydrant I need to install hydrant 1, 2, 3 and so on.

how to do this.

Regards

Jasmine

annabelle_roux
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jasmine,

The technical structure can be edited quite easily in transaction CC04:

- Go to the "Functional location" tab.

- Type in the superior functional location and press "Enter".

- Then once you are in the technical structure, right click on the superior functional location and select "Create equipment".

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best,

Annabelle Roux

sebastian_lenartowicz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Greetings Jasmine,

Short story: You will need to have configured an Equipment Category, Equipment number range, Functional Location Category, Structure indicator etc. to match your requirement. E.g.

AAA-ANN-NNN . Also,you may want to configure Technical Object Types and use Classification.

Then create your FL structure in IL01 (top FL, then the subordinate Depot FLs), then in IE01 create the Equipments and install them in the FLs created (Structure tab, Installation icon)

Make sure your FL and Equipment categories as well as individual FLs allow installation (by checking the "Installation allowed" checkboxes.

Long story: You need to understand and determine which of your Technical Objects need to be Equipments and what level of detail do you need in the Functional Location structure.

As a rule of thumb, the Technical Object should be created as an Equipment, if you want to individually track the identity, usage history, rotate the Equipments on the installation, perform workshop repairs, track serial numbers...

E.g. if you are moving an extinguisher from Depot 1 to Depot 2, but you want to know the history where was that Equipment assigned previously. Second case is if you are performing inspections, you want to have a complete history, regardless of the depot or location the extinguisher is currently in. If this is the case, use Equipments, otherwise, it may be enough to use FLs.

Generally, it may be that you want to create individual FLs to install Equipments in, or just install multiple Equipments in one FL. Consider the two scenarios:

1st - You have a depot, in which there are 4 extinguishers -> Create a Depot location and assign (install) 4 extinguishers in this FL

2nd - You have a depot, in which there are 4 sections. In each section there is a fire safety post in which there is an extinguisher -> Create a Depot location and 4 sub-locations for safety post, then install 1 extinguisher in each.

Please ensure you have read SAP Help for Functional Location and Equipment extensively to aid you with this.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/01/d5438b4ab311d189740000e8322d00/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/01/d544ef4ab311d189740000e8322d00/content.htm

Feel free to ask further questions if needed...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for your inputs.

I will check the blueprint and if any doubts I will get back on this.

Jasmine

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sameera,

I have done the same for thermal power plant fire protection system. I just want to add the some additional points in Sebastian answer as no doubt  he has given the perfect solution

1) Place - For place you can create the locations (in configuration/SPRO).  (On location TAB in equipment master).

2) Location - You can follow the Sebastian methods by creating function locations and sub-functional location and install the equipment under respective function locations.(to create use t-code IL01 ) and follow the structure indicator method as Sebastian suggested. (Structure TAB in equipment Master)

e.g.

1        2     3        4

XXXX-XX-XXXX-XXXX

1111-U1-BLR1-1FLR

1st level is M. Plant 2nd level is Unit number (Unit -1)

3rd Level is Boiler 1

4th level is floor

3) Type -  You can defined the Object type in SPRO itself  ( On general TAB of equipment master)

4) Identification - You can use the Sort field. (On location TAB in equipment Master)

Even with the use of class and characteristics you can identify the filling date or expiry dates for the same.

Regards,

Raj