cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error for COM routine using application program (return code 40.152)

danielmoliterno
Discoverer

Hello, first time postinghere. I have been receiving an error message while working on the SDP transaction code (/SAPAPO/SDP94) for very specific cases and I could not figure out the cause.

I created a Planning Book Data View using a navigation path drilldown and in some situations, after making the profile selection and picking an object, I receive the following errors.

•     ”Error for COM routine using application program (return code 40.152)”

•     ”Error reading data - Planning book cannot be processed further”

I’ve searched the forum for this same error but could only find similar queries, but with a different return code.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

in some situations, after making the profile selection and picking an object, I receive the following errors.

There are several root causes for this error but I am guessing based on the hint you have viz. "some".

Check in the MPOS infocube (generated infocube display in RSA1), IF there are MORE THAN ONE GUID's for the CVC that is giving you this error, then you will get this error. System usually picks the first GUID only when loading the data to data view. There could be several "root" causes that can result in such a thing. Most common one is missing SID link between Master data (infoobject table) and DIM ID of the infocube. This can happen when you try to manually "retrofit" the master data by deleting and recreating CVC's "clandestinely" to "fix" something in the past or may be working directly with the SID tables of the characteristics and inadvertently deleted an entry. (check status = active or inactive).. 

Try running the infoobject repair programs in RSA1. Under certain conditions, this problem can be repaired. If not, you need to rebuild the whole environment from scratch.. means you take backup of everything in excel files, delete and recreate all CVCs, load, copy, regenerate macros etc.

I hope this is not as painful as it sounds.

Thanks

BS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Please see if this helps..

http://scn.sap.com/message/14461389

Regards,

Sharath