Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Origin group usage clarification - Overhead calculation

former_member406718
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please advise on the below issue -

Client currently uses a basic costing sheet which has base as secondary cost element (43), Overhead rate % (D000) and the Credits post to a Cost center (XXXX)

The requirement is they would like to split the cost in the future to 2 cost centers instead (XXXX & YYYY),  keeping the base and overhead rate the same. They would like to see the split based on the profit center maintained on the Material master

Please note - Currently, we do not use origin group / Overhead key / Overhead group functionality

I was thinking maintaining origin groups will help resolve this issue, so I tested by assigning Origin groups (OR1 & OR2) on the Finished goods Materials and assigned these origin groups in the Credit rows (Additional row of Credit for 2nd Origin group)

Now, Costing sheet looks like below -

Row     Base     OH rate     Desc     From     To     Credit

10        ZLR                        Base                                       

20                    ZOH1         Overhd     10               Z01 ( Has CE1 + OR1 + Cost center XXXX)

30                    ZOH1         Overhd     10               Z02 ( Has CE1 + OR2 + Cost center YYYY)

When I ran the Overhead calculation using above for a single material, system posts double entries, meaning if $100 overhead is to be posted - system posts 100 to Cost center XXXX and another 100 to Cost center YYYY!

Appreciate your inputs on this issue

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

COOM0001 User Exits for Overhead Rates have three components.

-. EXIT_SAPLKASC_001 : Calculation base

-. EXIT_SAPLKASC_002 : Overhead rate

-. EXIT_SAPLKASC_003 : Credit

Each component have example. Your requirement can be applied to system

Using EXIT_SAPLKASC_003’s example.

The Following  is part of SAP’s description related to EXIT_SAPLKASC_003.

Example

Sample coding is stored in the LXKSCF03 program for the following situation:

• Credit cost center independent of plant

A company has two plants: Plant "0001" and "0002". If the processed order is assigned to plant "0001", then cost center "1" is to be credited under the credit cost element "660000", and if it is assigned to plant "0002", then cost center "2" is to be credited  under cost element "660000"
former_member406718
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you for your inputs, this might work

I will get back after looking into this

Thanks

jose_reddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mujju,

Follow the experts directions to derive different cost centers in the credit using user exit: COOM0001.

Before that please make note of it: The concept of origin group applies to materials only and not for others

And please let all know, do you wish to give different cost centers credit on plant basis? If yes, in this case you can achieve this simply by creating different costing sheets plant wise and assign them in the valuation variant plant wise.

Regards...

Jose

former_member406718
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your detailed answer

The EXIT_SAPLKASC_003 worked fine for my requirement

Mujju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mujju,

We have the similar situation and trying to use this user exit and change the value of the base cost. Our user exit stops picks up the values but our out put is not changed. Can you share details of your code I am not sure what we are missing in the code. (I am functional consultant, can only read the codeand not code myself).

Thanks and Regards

Pal.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member663901
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Ajay,

Can you please specify the exit again and elobrate on the logic to be written.

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Use exit coom0001. You can write logic to derive cost center for credit based on PC

Br. Ajay M