Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIG PROBLEM / Negative stock altough not allowed in customizing

former_member183155
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all ;

We have a big problem related with negative stock even though disallowed in MM customizing.

The valuated stock of some materials are negative even though negative stocks are not allowed according to Customizing.

When we are making goods movement using bapi, system allowed negatice stock some materials. We check OSS note : “935755 - Negative stock even though it is not allowed in Customizing” . The negative stock was created due to a regular material document, so note solution is not efficient.

When you attempt to enter additional goods movements for this material, system chekcs storage location stocks and doesn’t allow negative stock.

SAP estimates the problem related with :

The duplicated posting entry has created a negative stock figure in

Productive Environment.

If two documents are posted with a very small time interval between

them, the second document can update the stock table before the first

document does and therefore the system doesnt post an error message.

There is no way to prevent this happening apart from allowing a sample

time between postings so that the database can be updated.

I would recommend you to follow the steps in the note 935755 to

fix this negative stock.

Sap respond like above info. Is there a recomendation about solution path...

Test data  ******

Test data: ( Tcode: MB52-Material stock )

Plant: 1006

Storage location: *

Settings selection: Display  Negative Stocks Only

Example material code;

A4003821

PM100004

PM100145

Test data: ( Tcode: MB51-Material documents )

Material : PM100145

Plant : 1006

Storage Location : YSRF

Posting Date : 01.10.2013 - 16.11.2013

Regards.

M.Ozgur Unal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check negative stock ticked in material at time of transaction.(mm19)

shiva

former_member183155
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva;

It is not selected for negative stock, also i checked MM Configurations for allowing negative stock.

Problem is related with ;

If two documents are posted with a very small time interval between them, the second document can update the stock table before the first document does and therefore the system doesnt post an error message.

We changed OMJI tcode parameters to Exclusive block - waiting 10 sc.

We follow our system behaviour , there are not negative stocks.

Regards.

M.Ozgur Unal

former_member183155
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all ;

Is there anyone for advising a solution ?

Regards.

M.Ozgur Unal

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You screen show correct document posting with movement type but 311 movement type used for Transfer posting storage location (one-step).

In your case same material document number showing with + and sign of quantities, so you need to analyze in your system and find - did this movement of material with material document number created/happened  where material moved from one plant to another plant which cause your concern.

Regards,

Biju K

former_member183155
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mr.Bijay ;

We use 311 movement type but it is used for material moved from str.location to str.location .

What you think Mr. Jürgen L?

Regards.

M.Ozgur Unal

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

not sure what you expect in addition to a clear guidance given by SAP in the mentioned OSS note.

the note says that the stock is not checked in the posting routine, it is only checked when you enter the document.

this means if you had a posting failure, and the user did the posting again without any failure,and then the posting failure was processed as well, then it will cause this situation.

or

if your lock table is full, and the posting is hanging there and has not yet updated the database, and the user enters it again SAP has still the old stock situation, hence it will allow this double posting, then you have 2 entries in the lock table. When this lock situation is cleared, both documents will be posted and hence create this negative stock situation.

The path how to clear this negative stock is given in the note.

former_member183155
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mr.Jurgen ;

We do not allow negative stock in configuration , we are sure. But , how is going to negative?

We expect a solution to this problem.

Note:  We send datas like a materila document, fi document , sales datas , material movements , good issues , good recipts etc every 10 min with a program Launcher nonSAP.

We benefit from batches to import datas to SAP.

What you think ? We changed OMJI tcode parameter to Special Stock but we have negative records.

Regards.

M.Ozgur Unal

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Read again my answer, I tried to explain how it can happen despite of not allowing negative stock, and SAP tried to explain the same to you. I dont know what a program Launcher nonSAP is nor what it does, if it uses BAPIs or whatever. Neither SAP nor the SAP community can help you with external programs

former_member183155
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can understand problem , what can i do solving problem ?

Can you advise a path ?

Regards.

M.Ozgur Unal

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How to clear the current negative stocks is explained in the OSS note.

How to make sure that it does not happen again? Cannot be advised without knowing what your external software does, without knowing how exactly it happened

former_member183155
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We clear negative stocks with reversal documents. We can find related documents , but it is not longterm solution.

We changed OMJI parameter , revised to Special blok - 2 sec, we think that , if we blok material when it is updated in stock , we can prevent negative stock problem. But , we have two new material code in negative stock.

Today , we get 1000-2000 lock entry in SM12 tcode. I quess that blok stratgy cause performance problem.

I do not hav any idea how we solve. Sap can not find a solution...

These can be stock in consistency in following months in MARDH...

Waiting for good news .

Regards

M.Ozgur Unal

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the lock table is your problem: we get 1000-2000 lock entry in SM12 tcode

probably a b ad performance too.

Talk with your basis team they may be able to analyze why it comes to so much entries in the lock table.

In any case authorization to delete an entry manually from SM12 should be given very restrictive

Try to get knowledge about your LAUNCHER, you need to know what it does, and if this is a certified interface

former_member183155
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for helpful commend. Also , what you think about OMJI tcode, exclusive block. Is it a solution for this problem ?

Our performance is good todays , respond time belowed 1 sec.

Regards.

M.Ozgur Unal

former_member183155
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all;

SAP SOLUTION :

Based on our initial problem description, I could read that the documents in question which created negative stock have been posted with the BAPI BAPI_GOODSMVT_CREATE.

To avoid any side effects in the BAPI call, kindly apply the calling pattern of SAP Note 369518 mentioned at the solution section to our custom call of the BAPI. This will ensure that each BAPI call will get anew LUW and such the issue should be solved.

Regards.

M.Ozgur Unal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1st check - Did Negative posting allowed in t.code:OBY6 for your company code with
selection of Indicator: Negative Postings Permitted

2ndly-check which movement type involved for Negative posting in t.code:S_P00_07000139

Regards,

Biju K

former_member183155
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mr. Kumar ,

I checked OBY6 , but it is not allowed to negative postings.

I added our respond to Sap and Sap respond to us :

-----------------------------------

Sap respond :

The duplicated posting entry has created a negative stock figure in
Productive Environment.

If two documents are posted with a very small time interval between
them, the second document can update the stock table before the first
document does and therefore the system doesnt post an error message.

There is no way to prevent this happening apart from allowing a sample
time between postings so that the database can be updated.

I would recommend you to follow the steps in the note 935755 to
fix this negative stock.

----------------------------------

Our respond to SAP :

Dear Sap ;

You would recommend us to follow the steps in the note 935755 to

fix this negative stock. It has been ok for Saturday and there aren't negative stocks. It helps you to debug and see the system behaviour.

Also, OMJI tcode parameter is revised :

Material block for goods movements - Exclusive block - Waiting time 10sc.

You can analyze our ERP system based on Update Problems.

Regards.

M.Ozgur Unal