Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventory price difference material wise in BW

former_member197269
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

Can we have inventory price difference report in BW at material level. Does inventory price difference get captured in BF or UM Cube?

Any input would be appreciated

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

From BF data source you will get the Material movements with standard price. From UM data source you will get the Price differences(Which are financial posting happen directly  ) at material level.

In other way if your client is using Material Ledger (You can find in MM03- material master tick mark will be there) you can extract the material price alone from 0CO_PC_ACT_05 this Data source.

Thanks

Srinivas

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

As per my understanding, PO GR & IR data will come under purchasing and not IM.

And the requirement which you want to obtain may be found under the INvoice verification application component (06) in LBWE. kindly check if tables related to these data sources are getting filled for your requirement.

Regard,

Mohammed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ravi,

As you said when the price change happens( is these posting happens in month end ?) it will hit the G/L account- FI as those posting will happen directly from FI end. But you cant take those changes at material level from FI.

when ever the price change happen it will hit inventory also those postings will effect in UM data .If u consider the UM posting alone from Inventory you will get the material level price change values.

As per my understanding price change means you cant get the price you will get the total value (because of the price change)which is posted by finance team

you can check(MM03 ---> accounting 2 - option ML activated ) the materials are ML activated or not if it is activated you can directly bring the price differences from the data source as before said.

Please confirm is ML using in the system.

Please tell me price difference means difference between last month price and current month price of a material ?

Thanks
srinivas

former_member197269
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We dont use ML.

Price differences arise for materials valuated at standard price in the case of all movements and invoices with a value that differs from the standard price. Depending on the settings for the posting rules for transaction/event key PRD,

If material valuated at standard price (S) &  all movements with GR & IR posted with a value that differs from the standard price mentioned in the material master.

If material valuated at MAP(V),then Price differences amount will be posted  if value in the invoice value differs to Price in PO .

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi If u want to get the information of PO , invoice and GR related information u can get through 2lis_02_scl. Based on the process key we can differ .

If u want the details of the data source let me know

Thanks

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ravi

can u please explain what is the exact requirement you are having so that i can help you how you can approach to meet .

You are saying material price difference means : is client  looking the material price change  from period to period ?

Example: Material in period 1 having PUP(per unit price as 100 rs) and for the same Material in period 2 having PUP (per unit price as 50 rs) difference of the price is 50

is this what u want.

Thanks
Srinivas

former_member197269
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My requirement is we have inventory price difference account configured in OBYC in transaction key PRD.

So when there is price difference it hit this GL account. My requirement is I need this broken down at material level.

So In BW i want to have a report where I can report inventory price difference at material level. How can i achieve this?

Is the requirement clear?

MGrob
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If you need the price material the information is attached to your 0material. You can work with that in your inventory cube as well.

hope that helps

Martin

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its not BF or UM cube...I guess its a typo error..You must be referring to datasources only.

So If you are willing to get the price difference then UM datasource should serve your purpose.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

AL

former_member197269
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes i am refering to datasource, but I am not getting all price difference in UM. Some are seen in BF too. So what are the ways I can report these?

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

For inventory we have only one info cube 0IC_C03. We load BX,BF and UM data to 0IC_C03.

Better to do at dev system, implement inventory extraction and load data into cube. Do the reporting and check it. whether its possible to do the report as you need or not.

Thanks

former_member197269
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not able to report inventory price difference shown with transaction key PRD in SAP ECC, can you suggest how can i achieve this.

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Price differ are you calculating or directly storing at ecc side. if price differ was storing directly at particular tcode then we can find the base tables. once we know the base table then easily we can find the data source.

if you seeing price differ at ecc side please let me the t code and field. Or with help of abaper find the base table for that field.

Thanks

arivazhagan_sivasamy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Material movements data can be seen in BF datasource. But, Price difference data like after ML(Material Ledger) posting data can be seen in UM datasource.

Arivazhagan S