cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop Connection for SAP CRM

0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I noticed that a new CRM Add-on has been recently documented in help.sap.com : Desktop Connection fro SAP CRM.

Apart from the official documentation and the administration guide, i did not find any further information on sap.com or scn.sap.com regarding this new product.

We are about to upgrade from CRM 5.0 to CRM 7.03 (without HANA) and intend to deploy Client-Based Groupware Integration scenario.

The idea is to keep sales representatives working with MS Outlook to manage accounts, contacts and appointments.

We noticed the groupware client scenario has restrictions and contraints.
I'm really interested to have more informations on Deskop Connection (Screen shots, features, etc...) in order to see if it fits to our needs.

Thanks for your help,

Patrice

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone maybe share screenshots of the new groupware plugin?

I would love to get some more information on this :-).

Thanks,

Pieter

Former Member
0 Kudos

I put the presentation for this addon/solution from CRM Product Management / DSAG Meeting to our SAP Box (downloadlink 30 days valid:)

SAP Box Attachment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Matthias

Can you share the presentation here.

Thanks

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member187490
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I've also written a new blog post with frequently asked questions about Desktop Connection which also contains a couple of YouTube video demos.

Best regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

can you please suggest the business function for  "desktop connection with sap crm" I am not finding the required node to make the settings .

regards,

chandu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello chandu,

good news: you don't need a business function in addition. Desktop Connection is delivered as an CRM Add On. You can check in Service Marketplace's installed guide section (SAP Business Suite Applications-> SAP CRM Add Ons-> Desktop Connection). Some of the links provided above are helpful, too. See also Desktop Connection for SAP CRM, Professional Edition - SAP Library .

Hope this helps.

Regards

Tim

Wolfgang_Mayer
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Tim,

do you have any detailed information on the following DCN topics:

• Availability of IBM/Lotus Notes (8,9) version of DCN
  • Pricing: are all DCN functions covered by CRM license or are there features that have to be licensed separately?

Thanks & regards

Wolfgang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Wolfgang,

some quick answers: Lotus Notes is currently not supported. It is on the roadmap for early 2015. Currently available DCN (->Professional Edition) does not require an incremental license. If you are licensed sufficiently for SAP CRM (users etc), you can simply use it. We plan to deliver a licensable version (Enterprise Edition) by mid November. This would include functionality manage Leads and Opportunties from within Outlook which is not provided with the Professional Edition.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Tim

che
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

are there any new Information about the Enterprise Edition?

Thanks for your help

Carola Henze

Biesi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Carola,

just relesed the announcement here.

Regards

Alex

che
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

thank´s for your answer. Great.

Kind Regards

Carola

Biesi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

There's a wiki page to share some facts, tipps and collaterals (including the ppt talked about and more).

Here's the link:

Desktop Connection for SAP CRM - CRM - SCN Wiki

Regards

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

would you mind re-uploading the the file again?

thank you in advance

regards

Bastian

former_member196467
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patrice,

The desktop connection is still in ramp up phase apparently.

Can you please check below link for this :

http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000764366&

Best regards

Christophe