Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation with data file failed while loading TD from BW cube to BPC

former_member730217
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Trying to load transactional data from BW cube to BPC, while validating the transformation file by giving the BW Cube name I got the error.

Error: Validation with data file failed

I am facing the  issue but the thing is initially the transaction data was getting loaded in BPC correctly , but when I added one more dimension to the model,viz., Business Area, it is giving me the error , viz., : "Validation  with data file failed "..

going through various threads, 2 major causes for this where :

1. containing a blank record in BW cube (any record filed empty in BW cube)

2.containing a non-cumulative key figure

Can you experts tell me, how to test these both conditions, as I found there is no cumulative Key figure in cube.

Please assist

Regards,

NJ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

in need of urgent assistance to, I have the same issue as like Nilesh,

only that now the dimensions wont even save and process, so unable to load data completely.

any suggestions please,

Thanks.

Chantal

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chantal,

Please open a new discussion and describe your case in details...

Vadim

former_member210696
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

Please check -

Whether your data file now contains the newly added dimension and corresponding members or not -

If not, whether in the transformation file mapping section, have you added something as -

Business_Area = *NEWCOL(Bus_Area_Member)

where Business_Area is the name of newly added dimension and
Bus_Area_Member is some member of that dimension and entire data will be loaded to this member.

If yes, ensure that you have correct master data for Business_Area dimension i.e. the members for this dimension members should be referred to in your data file.

Hope it helps!!

former_member190501
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try  to activate BI Content using UJS_ACTIVATE_CONTENT and check only "Activate BI content" .

Thanks,

Raju

sreenivasulup
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

Few thinhs to check:

- Since you mentioned it worked before adding Business Area, re-confirm the validation still works without business area, remove the dimension from the cube and also from the transformaton file and see if it works

- Put some constant value for Business Area such as *NEWCOL(TEST) and see if it works

- While validating with the data in BW info provider, make a selection and restrict the data to a small set of data which you would think should be loadable

- All the above is just to isolate any issue with the new dimension mapping

- Check your transformation file and probably you have to do something with the Business Area values in the cube to the master data mapping

Thanks,

Sreeni

former_member190501
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This issue is intermittent.

1. containing a blank record in BW cube (any record filed empty in BW cube)

**  Compress your source infocube with out ZERO records.

Some times it will get solved if you reactivate the source infocube. If not,try to switch PC to /CPMB/LOAD_INFOPROVIDER instead of /CPMB/LOAD_INFOPROV_UI.

Hope it works...

regards,

Raju