cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to Process your Request Error for Crystal Report in BI Launchpad 4.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a crystal report which is using a Stored Procedure. The client tool is Crystal Report 2011 and the backend database is SQL server 2008. Reporting server is SAP Business Objects 4.1 support pack 1.

I had to make some changes in stored procedure e.g., add some new fields. I did that in Stored Procedure and then added new fields on that crystal report by using the client tool. I tested it on my local machine and it worked fine. But when I export that report (Save as) to the BI Launchpad then it runs for a while and ends up with the attached error.

There was a solution related to this error posted on SAP support site. Someone tried to export the report again on the server and worked for him but I have tried almost everything but could not make it work.

Link to the solution (Did not work for me)  :http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1723653

Any help related to this issue would be really appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i got the solution for this problem. The reason behind this error was the load balancer. we have the clustered environment and the load balancer settings were kicking off the report run time requests after 5 minutes for both servers.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Athar,

How do you setup this, is this something on any of the BO servers we have to do, or with the External Load Balancer? If so, can you please put details on this?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daniel,

BO server does not have any settings for this. The load balancer is a third party tool that you use for clustered environment. It all depends on what kind of load balancer you have. The settings varies depending on the manufacturer.

Please contact the load balanacer manufacturer or look up in some instructions guide of the load balancer to get more information if you are having any issues with that.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Athar,

I'm working with the team that is in charge of this, but what is the timeout setting you changed? Is it related to TCP idle time?

We are having the same issue, when users run the report for 10-15 minutes then that error shows up.

Not sure if also any other setting in the Crystal Processing Server or other server could help on this.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

you are welcome,

i would recommend you to start from your load balancer.

i think you need to change the settings in the TCP profile.

Please see the link below for more information and check the attached picture for load balancer idle timeout settings:

http://support.f5.com/kb/en-us/solutions/public/7000/500/sol7559.html

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Athar,

That helped us on resolve that error, but unfortunately i am getting odd behavior with the urls, we have 2 F5 urls which uses the same IP, but the SSO authentication is not working sometimes, I have checked each one of our web servers individually and they work fine, looks like some settings on the F5 as well is causing this not to work.

And also, when the SSO works for some users, sometimes they see a completely different userid/account not their own winAD...

Any ideas or shall I create a new post of this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would suggest you to create a new post for this. As the issue is new it would help the forum members to find solution from your query as well.

0 Kudos

give it a shot...

Symptom

Migrated Crystal Reports when viewed in BI launchpad gives below mentioned error.

Error: Unable to process your request
name: MochiKit.Async.XMLHttpRequestError
description:
number: 502

Environment

SAP Business Objects Business Intelligence 4 Support Package 02

Reproducing the Issue

1. Migrate crystal reports from Business Objects 3.1 to Business Intelligence 4.0 SP2
  2. View and refresh the reports in Crystal Designer. The reports will work fine.
  3. View the report in BI Launchpad. Error is thrown.

CauseThe error has occurred due to incorrect migration.Resolution

1. Import the affected report in CR designer.
  2. Save the report with a different name and export it back to the repository.
0 Kudos

Another thought is,

If report works fine in CR Designer and when you schedule it. and you get error only while viewing CR from BI Launchpad.

If you are accessing BI Launchpad via an Apache web server , you may need to check the session timeout value for httpd-default.conf file at

/u00/apache/conf/original/extra/httpd-default.conf

/u00/apache/conf/extra/httpd-default.conf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the reply,

we are not using http tomcat, we are using Apache Tomcat Server and yeah this configuration is for Linux server. can you please provide me the path for this configuration in windows server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another thing is, if i schedule this same updated report on server then it runs fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perhaps there could be more details in the logs on the BO server?

Did you check the most recent log files?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply but i haven't done that yet and i do not have the access to the actual server machine. Can you please tell me how can i check the log if i get the access to the server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

if your server is on Windows, the logs should be located at:

C:\Program Files(x86)\SAPBusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\logging

Former Member
0 Kudos

To get relevant and useful logs, you would need to ensure that the trace has been set at processing server. You can get this done from CMC.

Reproduce your workflow and then stop tracing. go through the logs created with timestamp when activity was performed.

Also you can use

This link must have been 20th or more time I would have recommended for tracing. Please do use it. It really is highly useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

i got the log information for the particular report i am having issue with:

.\BlockingDocumentConnection_cache.cpp:2518:-: TraceLog message 34

|9beb4fd1-3304-ada4-4a73-277824976e2e|2013 12 05 09:05:01:008|-0500|Error| |  |E| |crcache_Server.CrystalReportsCacheServer| 4928|9080|| |25|0|1|0|BIlaunchpad.WebApp|Server:6060:1678.290812:1|BIlaunchpad.WebApp|Server:6060:1678.290812:1|crcache_server.CrystalReportsCacheServer.post|localhost:4928:9080.97815:1|CmO0shnS10KctjAbpfKACHY46ffa|||||||||||ras21-core: Exception: 1 RASServerException ( errCode=<ErrorTimeout> message=<Timeout.> rootCause=<RCIRAS0244> debugString=<[.\CacheObjectManager.cpp : 923] > )‑

However i don't know how to solve it now.