cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCM Process and Forms (FPM) Back end Service issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I am having an issue shown below, where the default value is not being populated at the run time. I have used the back end service SAP_PA . I did a Z-Copy of standard form scenario (work Schedule Change). I added some new fields to the form and given the default value with SAP_PA 'CUR' version. The filed attribute is display only. The issue is when i execute the form, the value is not getting populated in the field .

Your help is greatly appreciated. As you can see in the form below, The data in the fields cost center, Position text and date of birth is not getting populated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Curious to know what happens if you :

1. Change this to OLD ( does it show the previous value ).

2. Change this to editable.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

I have exactly same problem. Have you managed to solve this issue?

thank you,

Lukas

former_member189690
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

I have noticed that you are defaulting KOSTL/GBDAT fields with DEF instead of CUR version.

Have you tried to change it to CUR?

Maybe this is the problem.

KR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alfonso  ,

As you can see the image below i am using the 'CUR' value only.

Thanks,

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good catch there too! I didn't look close enough to see that.

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So it's just the new fields you added that are not getting their default value correctly? If so,

1. are you sure you are authorized to read those values? (asking  because auth issues are the easiest and usually first problem)

2. are you sure you are using your own feeder class that will provide this info? (you can debug in there too to see what is going on)

3. are you trying several different test data sets to ensure its not just bad or incomplete data?

4. are you sure those fields are NOT set as "read only" in the decoupled infotype configuration for the structure (country or country independent) that you are trying to use? If so, you might need to switch those in config after you make sure with any other business areas that your change won't affect them (if others are using decoupled IF and not just you for HCM P&F)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply, I have been following ur post's for a while now on HCM P&F :-). It is weird that the issue is happening only for the fields that are added after i have created the form configuration. The fields that i have added prior to adding the configuration are all fine and getting the current values at the output.

Thanks,

sahirn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vishnu,

Please check if valid data( in IT0001) exists for the pernr on that the effective date of change. You should ensure Update Display button is pressed and that it is mapped to initialize event.

Regards,

Sahir.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sahir,

It is not the data issue. It Is only happening with a Z copy of the Standard form.All the existing fields are populating the values , if we add any new fields to the Z copy form it is not showing the value in the field. I have  created a complete custom form and i was able to see the data being populated. Wondering why i am not able to get this done on the Z copy of standard form.

Thanks

sahirn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

In that case check if the form component configuration has correct feeder parameters.

Regards,

Sahir.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sahir,

The component configuration is in place. Thinking to rise a note for this issue.

Thanks,

sahirn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well. You could do that as well.

Check if data comes up correctly in R3 transaction hrasr_test_process.

Regards,

Sahir.