Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SVT checks not happening in PO

dhinsap
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have maintained all the configuration required for SVT and created a regulation TSCA 8D.

I have maintained a substance with 2 components and linked to the material which has classification specified as SVT relevant.

When i create a purchase order, the system do not check the quantities if it has exceeded or not no matter how many tonnes are purchased and received.

I have posted GR too. But no checks are happening.(I guess something is missing in Specify scenarios)

Please identify

To make checks to work in PO what has to be maintained?

what is the difference between scenario IMP and PUR, SO and EXP.

Regards

Dhinesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member209335
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dhinesh,

I think the problem is Preliminary steps configuration, Have you updated Substance and

Material Structures in regulatory list TSCA 8D?

However, Check the below two preliminary steps in your  system.

Preliminary steps Updating Substance and Material Structures

Start transaction SA38-->Enter report RREGCH_FILL-->Choose Execute.

Enter regulatory list TSCA 8D and select option Delta run and Choose Execute

Preliminary steps  for Update Tracked Amounts

Start transaction SA38-->Enter report -->RREGCH_VT -->Choose Execute.Enter regulatory list TSCA 8D and select option Delta run Choose Execute

The tracked substance amounts have been updated based on purchase orders

WHY ????????? (This is big Question)

Substance Volume Tracking (SVT) gathers data about product structures, goods

movements and production results in the background using reports that run regularly at

night.

One of these reports is RREGCH_FILL, which gathers product and substance composition information and stores it centrally. This report was run during the installation of building block 857. But it has to be run again whenever bills of material or substance compositions change.

This means: Whenever you change the production BOM or composition of one of the

relevant objects, the report has to be run again. In productive customer environments,

this report runs once per night;  maximum transparency we run it manually here.

So Check your Preliminary steps that means, how to the product and substance composition information stores it centrally.

Find out the  solution how to run transparency in program manually here...

Edward

dhinsap
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Edward,

It would be appropriate if you could throw some light on the real configuration steps which is incorrect rather than presenting a general idea.The preliminary steps indicated are run already. only on execution of those reports, u get this issue. Hope this explains that.

Regards

Dhinesh

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Dinesh

may be check: http://scn.sap.com/thread/2120040

I assume we have to differentiate two topics

a.) is the customizing correct?

b.) and is data maintained and available etc.

There is an "old" paper available: http://help.sap.com/bp_chem603/Chem_Global/Documentation/SAP_WhitePaper_Substance_Volume_Tracking_Eh...

PLease read corss regarding "Online Check" to understand the difference. in IMP you need to take care more to understand the options of SVT.

E.g. TSCA 12B seems to be a regulation not linked to amounts. Please check the customizing pof the regulatory list. The SVT use the information there (if you use standard function modules) and therefore you should/must have assigned a validity area to the regulatory list.

Check may be best practise document: EHS Management: Substance Volume Tracking (Purchasing) (857) (US variant)

Here a proposal of customzing etc. set up is done/made regarding TSCA 8D

Therefore: plese check content oc CCRCT_EHS_COMP; can you find entries using the regulatory ist for the relevant material? The same regarding CCRCT_EHS:REG.

If you need additional guidance please come back

C.B.

PS: if you check SAP marketplace. regarding TSCA 12 B there are a lot of bug fixes available  3 in 2013, 6 in 2012. May be you should check them.

0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh

Did you find a solution to this?

We have exactly the same problem and seem to have gone though all the issues that have been suggested but still no messages in the PO.

Thanks

Sue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh

Before raising Purchase Order Pl. check the below content

1). Data is transferring from Property tree to SVT Table" in RREGCH_FILL programme ? what is the Log result ?

2). Subtance volumes are tracking in tr data table in RREGCH_VT programme ? what is the Log result ?

3) Check the Tables  CCRCT_EHS_COMP &  CCRCT_EHS_REG  whether u r data is holding or not ?

4) .Check the programme "RREGCH_VM" whether quantities are stored here or not?

In above three programes if your substance data is appearing then check the OSS Note 1418035 "Badi implementation for online checks".

Let me Know what is you system configuration (EHP? & SP?) , iam noticed that this functionality is not working the system which are having less of 606 SP07 level.

what is the difference between scenario IMP and PUR, SO and EXP.

IMP(Purchase) scenario will use in case if we are procuring the material from other countries

Purchase Scenario will use in case if we are procuring domestically ( with in the country , in b/w plants)

EXP Scenario will use in case if you are manufacturing / Using the substance & exporting to other countries

Balajee

dhinsap
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Balajee,

As per your request, I have performed the program runs

For RREGCH_FILL , i have no data found

for RREGCH_VT, No data found

For RREGCH_VM, no data found.

I have checked the tables CCRCT_EHS_COMP and these are my outputs.

reg list    scenario    material  Specification    Tracked substance   counter   value  %

TSCA 8D   -             2163     KRF_Fert           Phenresin                  1          50

TSCA 8D   -             2163     KRF_FERT         Photosense                1        50

For table CCRCT_EHS_REG - there is no data

I maintained material 2163 with classification tab. This material is assigned to substance KRF_FERT which has components Photosense and Phenresin.

I am unable to attach screenshots as there is some issue in SCN. I am using EHP 6 SP08. I have sent mail too, plz clarify.

Regards

Dhinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dinesh

Pl ensure whether data is maintained  @ SAP_EHS_1023_057 in compound level  & Composition parameters @ SAP_EHS_1012_003 substance level.

if not maintained & again execute RREGCH_FILL & see the log whether data is transferred or not , if transferred and raise the PO and then Run the programme RREGCH_VT and check the log . In that log Under you scenario if the records are appeared in planned qty , then you can check RREGCH_VM . If records are not appeared & appeared in "Entries to be deleted" .. this is again a technical issue which is not working in the configurations lower than 606 ,sp07

Balajee

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear all

Balajee started this very nice document:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-50015

What is important: you need to understand the purpose of RREGCH_FILL, RREGCH_VT, and RREGCH_VM and of some transaction codes. (e.g. CBRC20).

SVT can handle two types of topic:

1.) track substances (so that a volume monitoring done)

2.) deal with the sme "problem" but do not execute a volume monitoring.

Realated to that are the tables Balajee mentioned

RREGCH_FILL takes care CCRCT_EHS_COMP, CCRCT_EHS_REG and CCRCT_EHS_SLIMIT.

The "main" issues arise normally in configuration. Here you need to understand how SVT is "filling" the related tables and at hwo you can "change" the behavior of the reports. E.g. either by using proper configuration (customizing) or by exchanging SAP standard function modules by customer specific.

Be aware of the fact that in the last 2 years a lot of important OSS notes in context SVT have been published and therefore you should check your SP status as well; with higher releases you will get on the top more flexibility

C.B.

dhinsap
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Balajee,

The data is maintained  @ SAP_EHS_1023_057 in compound level  & Composition parameters @ SAP_EHS_1012_003 substance level.

When i ran this report  RREGCH_FILL, the log as displayed as

Data transfer from property tree

Regulation TSCA 8D.

Nothing else was displayed. I created a PO and received goods.Now when I check the report RREGCH_VT, it displayed as

Regulation TSCA 8D.

Scenario IMP

Scenario category PURCHASE(purchasing orders)

Planned entries:0, entries to be deleted-2

confirmed entries:0, cancellation entries-0

Validation of scenario category: PURCHASE

No data found

Validation of scenario category: PURCHASE REQUISITION

No data found

When i ran the program RREGCH_VM , result was no data found.

My component level

EA-APPL : Release 606, SP-level-0008. Is there an issue with this???. Kindly guide

Regards

DHinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dhinesh

As per your Log your configuration is working perfectly up to volume tracking level , and during execution of RREGCH_VT  after raising the PO,  data to be  considered as "planned qty" . Check u r log, there u r getting planned entries as 0 , Here you will suppose to get some value , check the config settings How PO will be make it as planned qty . Once if u done this automatically in CBRC20 tracked qty will be appeared.

Balajee

dhinsap
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Balajee,

I created a PO and ran the report RREGCH_VT.I am still getting planned entries as 0 and entries to be deleted is 4. Can you guide where should i check for configuration.

Issue:

Also before saving the PO and during checks, i get message as " Material mainly procured internally(please check your inputs". The plant is in Hamburg and the supplier is from France. Why do i get this message?.

Issue 2:

No warning message is displayed when procuring an SVT material. The checks should happen right???

Where do i pinpoint the configuration and what to change...

I am unable to add images in SCN.

Regards

Dhinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dhinesh

You are getting this message due to selection of procurement type at material level ,

go to MM02 .... MRP2.....may be procurment type is selected as "x" indicates Internal procurement and change this in to "F"..... External procurement.... also check check with PP consultant for  MRP is scheduled or not for this material.

Balajee

dhinsap
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Balajee,

I appreciate your speedy response. The procurement type is just a warning which i solved lately but this doesn't affect the SVT checks. How do i attack the afore mentioned first issue.

Regards

Dhinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhinesh,

I am new to SVT and as I am testing out the functionality, I also have the "entries to be deleted" problem. Can you please let me know how it was resolved on your end?

Thanks,

Frank