cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request for help: How to port customized univariant forecast profiles (GUIDs) from QA to PROD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

Wondering if anyone has figured out how to do the following:

Somehow export customized univariant forecast settings (GUIDs) from a QA system to Production.

Here's my scenario:

My Demand Planners are going into business acceptance testing and will be tuning / customizing the univariant forecast profiles I've developed for them.  Example: DP Planner "Bob" plans a highly seasonal product/customer combo and wants to tune the univariant fcst profile used for his fcst.  He wants to change the fcst strategy from Automodel 2 (which is the default we've set up in the batch job), to seasonal trend, and adjust the alpha, beta, gamma values.  This customized univariant fcst profile will be specific to his product/customer.  Bob performs this work in our QA box as a part of BAT, and saves a GUID to /SAPAPO/MSDP_FCST2... and when we go live he wants his work to be transferred to production so he doesn't have to redo this work.

Bob has hundreds of tuned forecast profiles that he's created in QA, and obviously doesn't want to have to redo this work.

I know that the GUIDs are specific to the system in which they're generated, but is it possible to port Bob's work from QA to production?

Does anyone know the table linkages between, /SAPAP/DP_FCST2, /SAPAPO/DP440G and /SAPAPO/DP440P??

My analysis appears to show that the strategy selection and alpha, beta, etc settings are stored in /SAPAPO/DP440P... but I don't know how the GUID in this table links back to the one stored in /SAPAPO/DP_FCST2??

Any help you could provide me (and Bob) would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advanced everyone!

Best

Chris

PS: I've read through the document "Assignment of Forecast Profiles and Mass Maintenance in APO DP" posted by Vishal Laddha of Accenture but it doesn't quite capture what I'm after here... i.e. Vishal describes how to port the forecast level not the settings them selves.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christopher,

I think your requirement is to transport forecasts profiles from QA to Production system.

Please check if options of transport in the Transaction "/SAPAPO/TSOBJ" helps you.

We have used the option of "Transport Planning Areas" with sub-selection of "with forecast profile transport".

You will have to holistically consider the implications of of Trasnsporting the Planning Area" from QA to Prod.

We have to see that  the entries from the table(/SAPAPO/DP440G and /SAPAPO/DP440P) for the particular forecast profiles, are included  into the transport request.Then the profiles would be transported accordingly.

I hope this helps or gives a new insight.

Regards

Datta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Datta,

Thanks for the reply!!

Unfortunately transporting the adhoc created selection profiles isn't an option in TSOBJ because one they're not available for selection... but two, because I believe GUIDs are specific to the system that they're created.

I did get a response from SAP on this subject however and they suggested a work around involving copying tables:

/SAPAPO/DP440P

/SAPAPO/DP440G

/SAPAPO/DP_FCST2

and to reference note 637027

I prototyped this in our QA boxes and it does indeed work... but copying table entries from one system to another can be problematic and should be approached w/ caution.

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Chris,

Another easier approach is create the transport using /SAPAPO/TSOBJ selecting Transport Planning Area option with Forecast Profile transport option checked. Once you create the transport you will see details like below in SE01.

TR########    USERID     TR description

Object List of Request

APO Planning Object Structure (Through Transport Tables)
        APO Storage Buckets Profile (Through Transport Tables)
        APO Planning Area (Through Transport Tables)
        Table Contents

/SAPAPO/DP440G
            /SAPAPO/DP440P

Then you can modify the TR to remove POS, Storage Bucket Profile and Planning Area.   So your TR will look like below :

TR########    USERID     TR description

Object List of Request

Table Contents

/SAPAPO/DP440G
            /SAPAPO/DP440P

When you delete the additional objects from TR, you may receive following warning msgs.

Object R3TR TABU /SAPAPO/DP440G Note: /SAPAPO/DP440G is an application table

Object R3TR TABU /SAPAPO/DP440P Note: /SAPAPO/DP440P is an application table

This is an easy way to create the Transport containing only Forecast profiles.

Please try, hope this will help you.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

Answers (0)