cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legacy Data Migration for REFX Accrual Engine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I understand that as standard, SAP has not provided any tool to update legacy data information in RE Accrual engine. There are consulting notes stating that system will recalculate the accruals from the start of the contract till the date of migration as if nothing has been posted so far. User has to then pass a manual journal adjustment in FI directly.

Is there is a better way to handle this?

Thanks

Rakesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

I am wondering the same thing as we are migrating existing leases too.

I note that there is the configuration entry 'Open Fiscal Year For Accrual Postings' which allows you to set the FY that you can post to account going forward from only. (eg: 2013).

However when you run the accrual engine for a period it will post all previous accruals for that accrual object. I'm not sure of a way that you can get the accrual engine to recongnise or how you can data migrate for these already posted periods.

I can only think to manage each of these leases on a case by case basis such that you start posting only from the next customer or vendor posting date.

How did you go with this requirement, did you manage to solve how you will progress this solution?

thanks

Glen