Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMIGR_CREATE_DDL

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

Need some input regarding the SMIGR Program.

We are planning to migrate the our NW 7.02 ABAP+JAVA (GRC/NFE) system from AIX/Oracle to Linux/Oracle.

Before Starting the export, as per the System copy guide we have to run the Report SMIGR_CREATE_DDL.

When i run the report and i select target database option as Oracle and next to that there is option of Database version.

When i click F4 there i get there option.

1. Oracle -- Blank option

2. Oracle -- Special Option: Generate DDL with compresion

3. Oracle -- Special Option: Generate DDL for ALL Tables

Now here, i am bit confused, which option is should select for migration of my system. As there is no specific notes for giving complete descripition about this there option.

Can you anyone suggest which option  will be suitable for my migration scenario.

Thanks,

Anil Bhandary

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor

Hello

We are planning to migrate the our NW 7.02 ABAP+JAVA (GRC/NFE) system from AIX/Oracle to Linux/Oracle.

You do not have to specify a database version there.

You may read this SAP note

888210 - NW 7.**: System copy (supplementary note)

Program SMIGR_CREATE_DDL

You do not have to specify a database version.

When you make a homogeneous or heterogeneous system copy without changing the database platform, the necessary information about generating DDL statements is read directly from the system catalog. To do this, the system checks all database objects to see if the memory parameters differ from the parameters in the standard system. This applies, for example, to partitioned tables and bitmap indexes. Note 519407 describes how you can accelerate processing during the DDL generation.  Ensure that the cubes are correctly condensed (see Notes 407260 and 5900370) so that your system performance is optimal.

Regards

RB

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Reagan,

I had been gone through that note. But i am still confused. Then why that special options are there in Database  version.

1. Any specific compoenent for which we have to select that one of the spcial option or there any specific usage of that Special options in Database version.

2. In my case which option you suggest, i should select .... I should keep database version as blank or i should select any one of the option out of 2 of them of special option.

Regards,

Anil Bhandary

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Anil

The program must be generic.

As there is no change in the source and target database then I would select the blank option which is the first one.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Team,

As I am  working on the BW 7.31 /HANA to Bw7.4 Sp08/HANA.

Before that i need to build a sandbox system. I am started working export and import method.

When I am exporting it asking for the generation of the report SMIGR_CREATE_DDL. Is this step mandatory for the same DB for the source and target?.

Please help me on this.

Regards,

Teja

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member227283
Active Contributor

Dear Teja,

As per the best practice, you should execute the report.

It will help to extract the non-database specific objects.

Regards,

Anil Bhandary