cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updates delayed in the communications

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am noticing since very recently that the updates on a post which I am following or tracking is not getting pushed to communication in a matter of minutes rather it takes 3-4 hours. So for example previously if some body updated any content which I am following it used to be there in the communication in a matter of minuted but now its takes several hours to appears in the communications..

Has any one noticed this or any way to fix this..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Known issue.  Please follow for updates.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

The link which you updated shows error..

Unauthorized

Access to this place or content is restricted. If you think this is a mistake, please contact your administrator or the person who directed you here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was wondering about the same, why is the content restricted that is.

The delay seems to be back this morning, it wasn't there during the weekend or at least not as bad as now (4-5 hours).

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since this morning the issue is fixed for me.. the updates are back to 2-3 mins to reach communication..

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am also not facing any issue on the communication delays now.

- Midhun VP

Former Member
0 Kudos

My followed activity feed displays 8 hours ago updates i am not getting the newly updated content or discussions but all activity feed is just working fine.. pls help. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Meanwhile you can:

• use /places and flag Following as default filter
  • use /content and flag Participated as default filter

It's not the same but it's better than nothing.

vivekbhoj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The delay is only increasing - more than 9 hours delay in communication stream for me

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is turning into a real mess - mail is often delayed for days, and now the Communications Stream has also started getting delays.

Very frustrating.

The running on HANA point was a joke I made. It's not really running on HANA - if it did then it would be amazingly fast

John

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Reading those comments I just feel it works for some people different than for others, or the content is prioritized

I actually do not get much mails from SCN, just when something is in my moderation queue or something that I abused was approved or rejected. However, this info is coming immediately, I havent seen any delay on those mails.

the communication stream reached new high today with far above 8 hours delay right now, while it was within a minute this morning at 6:30 CET. But already at 7 AM it had a delay of 20 minutes and was developing since then

Former Member
0 Kudos

That sounds a bit too random for it to be because of prioritizing. My money is on the Jive bug. The more events there are in the queue, the worse the problem will become. The reason why weekends are good is that during weekends the queue gets flushed. Let's just all stop using SCN for a while and see if it fixes the problem...

oliver
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli, , @, @,

the issue is for us as pressing as for you. We are working on further improving the throughput of the stream. Please let me know if you see any improvements over the day.

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Till now I haven't seen any improvements (last 6 hours from now). I think the delay is 1 hour now for me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I see some improvement - yesterday the delay was as high as 8 hours. Now it is below an hour.

We recently implemented Jive at Bluefin. With much lower data throughput this stuff isn't as bad.

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Oliver,

Seems like issue was rectified. i am seeing updates in time at 11.30 AM GMT

Thank a ton to SCN team.

Thanks

Raman

Former Member
0 Kudos

hee..haaa... thanks, now everything works fine.....

vivekbhoj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the update Oliver

Now everything seems to be working fine with no delays

Thanks a lot to the SCN Support team

Regards,

Vivek

oliver
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Durgamadhab, , , , everybody,

we might have found the root cause of the issue with delays in email and the communications stream. We did some cleanup on DB level and at least for me the communications stream is back in sync and I got an email with a delay of only minutes.

Please let me know if you see something similar on your side.

Thanks,

Oliver

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From Friday evening till today it was fine , lets wait how it will be when more people get onto the system.

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Today mornings its taking 30mts to update activity updates at 7.00AM GMT.

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can confirm - 22 min delay in activity update now! Very annoying... Still have review the list of discussions.

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And 45 min notification e-mail delay for the same activity.

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

seems like its increasing. now its 40+ minutes, SCN IT team need to look into it.

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Same story, unable to use activity update...

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The same here ...

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nope. Had someone comment on one of my blogs today (12/16) and still have not yet seen it in the stream.

edit: Post was at 12/16 5:49am....at 7:45am, it still has not shown in my stream.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The delay is continuing, but I found another confusing effect.

I had moved a discussion from MM to the Retail space, (2:15PM CET) and it needed 38 minutes until it vanished from the MM content view.

oliver
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

That is to expected, when you mean the content showing in the Content Browser page. The content there is cached in a different location, which might take some time to get updated.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Today was actually the worst day so far.

now it is about 10 PM in Germany , and the delay is 5:22 hours

Usually the delay got less in the afternoon when the Asian office hours are over, but this relief wasn't seen today. And looking at the traffic in MM I would say it is just half from any other day in year

Former Member
0 Kudos

Same here.

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Delay of 5:22 hours only? You are a lucky guy .. my record was round about 7 hours yesterday (17.12.2013). SCN can not run on HANA .. that is impossible .. what a speed

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

May be it's better to disable activity update at all until the issue will be finally fixed? It's so confusing...

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This behavior is hectic.

Hello SCN team, please fix this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe the delay is caused by the Jive bug described in JIVE-22308? If so, an upgrade to Jive 7.0 will have to happen for the delay to be fixed unless Jive downports the bug fix. Wasn't Jive 7.0 upgrade planned for January anyway? We have managed almost a month, I suppose we can wait another one...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I feel it was better this morning than this afternoon.

Maybe europeans or americans are working more these days.

It seems that "likes" travel lighter (quicker) to the activity stream.

Is it really running on Hana ?

By the way it should be a good idea to add a "latest comment" link on the bogs too, nowadays it's very difficult to find it when the blog post bump up.

Regards

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This looks like a very high priority issue. I am not able to follow the mainly the discussions which I was involved.

oliver
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

we currently see about one hour of delay in the communications stream. We are looking into the issue and plan to have it fixed as soon as possible.

Ticket: COMM-3079 (added to )

Best,

Oliver

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Unfortunately, one hour delay is not much better then many hours delay. You simply can't use the notification functionality and have to review the list of posts. It happens already for number of days and doesn't make our life easy

B.R. Vadim

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the content is restricted because it was posted in the moderator space.

it is said: We have an open IT ticket (COMM-2486) on emails delay and our IT is actively working on resolving this issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jurgen for the info..

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the update Jurgen. I am also facing this issue.

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Any news about the estimated timing when the notification delay issue (not e-mail, but on the WEB page) will be solved? It's really very hard to track the answers for multiple discussions.

Mail notification is also delayed but it's not a big issue.

B.R. Vadim

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Facing the same issue (notification delay of several hours) .. not by e-mail, but on the communication web page.