cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of file error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have the following error on multiple dataflows for a .dat file (data from SAP loaded through ABAP programs) :

|Data flow DF_FiscalPeriodYrSpecific_SAP|Reader R3_FiscPer_YrSpecific End of file was found without reading a complete row for file <//sapdev/sapdata/TST/DATASERVICES/fiscalperiods.dat>. The expected number of columns was <7> while the number of columns actually read was <1>. Check the input file for errors or verify the schema specification for the file format. The number of rows processed was <24108>.

It does not occur every time but still, very often. When I open the .dat file it's fine, all columns are there. The only reason I can think of is the last line which is empty (carriage return). This is the row #24108 actually but the data stops at row #24107.

Some others .dat files also have this carriage return but I don't get an error for them.

Is there a simple way to remove this last line ?

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok I'll try this solution. But did this option solve the issue for you ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have used the first option edit plus and it worked for me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

But each time it runs the file is recreated so it means I have to fix the file when I get the error and run only the part of the workflow that reads it.

I hope the other option will work, that would be more convenient !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It happened many time before and what i do is open in edit plus which is a free tool and manually remove the last record.

There is another option during file loading called 'Ignore row marker'. Try that also.

Thanks,
Arun

former_member106536
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ive seen many of our users corrupt large files attempting to open in edit plus. 

0 Kudos

It works! ==> 'Ignore row marker'

Thanks, Arun Kumar