cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password error during Vignette install

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to install the Vignette application software onto our server, but have not gotten far. At the point (near the beginning) where I have to create a user and a password. The password I am creating contains alpha (including one capital) & numeric and illegal characters, but am always getting the error message, "The passwords entered are not complex enough. It should consist of numbers and upper and lower case letters". Which is exactly what i have done. If someone has experienced previously, it would be much appreciated if you could help me out?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Matthew,

Yes it was the admin account permissions issue. After further investigation it looks like the DBA account I was provided did not have complete full DBA privileges and this caused a SQL error to return when the installer attempted to create users.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am receiving the same error message below. I have tried various password combinations that follow the criteria mentioned in the error message, but no success. Is there a bug in the installation software?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Darryll,

Did you try Shu's suggestion?

Please check that the admin account, which is used to create the databases, has admin permissions.

As far as I know, uPerform does not enforce Password Complxity. Password Complexity is enforced by your db server.
Although the "Password Complexity" message is displayed on uPerform, but it is been forwarded from your db server.
Please verify the Password Restriction is not enforced.
Also, switching between SQL Authentication and Windows Authentication modes.

Regards,

Matthew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steven,

were you able fix this issue?

Could you please share the resolution?

Thanks,

Pradeep

liushu
Advisor
Advisor