cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while BI upgrade using SUM

0 Kudos

Dear All,

While upgrading our BI system using SUM i am getting missing support packages error for RTLPOSDM component.

Our current BI_CONT version is 703 patch 09. i want to upgrade to version 707. I raised message with SAP and get

suggested to include RTLPOSDM 100 700 content in mopz in add on selection phase. but i have not found any add

on's related to this component in MOPZ. And also SAP suggested to select RTLPOSDM in addon_dyn phase but

i didn't get this phase. Please help me to resolve this issue.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

adam_orlowski
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello, I had the same issue. You can check link http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-46467

"... In case NW<=7.01, no add-on can be selected. What should I do if I want to select add-on in MOpz.
if NW<=7.01, no add-on can be selected. In other words, step 'choose add-on files' will not display.
1.If you want to choose add-on, you must update the NW to at least NW7.02.
2.If you want NW7.01 to stay, for some add-on SCVs which are already in your start system, MOpz will  supply you the latest SP for the SCV in step 'select stack independent files'. This SCV will not be  recorded in stack.xml. You can download it and manually implement it later."

In SUM, section "Select the target version definition for your system", you can try to choose "Manually prepared directory".

Best regards,
Adam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friend,

Please let know if this issue was solved.

We are facing similar issue, when we tried to perform stack update in BW system using SUM.

We are doing SPS upgrade for our BI system from SPS18 to SPS29 and BI_CONT from 7.04 to 7.07 SP05 .

We are planning to use SUM to do the stack update .

As we see that POSDM functionality is splitted from BI_CONT for 7.07 and new add on for POSDM must needed.

While run the SUM , in configuration phase we encontered the following error while calculating the

ADDon queue .

I have gone through the notes 1683825,1683826 ,as per the notes we were not asked for addon decision during ADDONDYN phase during SUM .

Note : When we generate the stack file , we could not find any option to include the addon POSDM addon. We are at SAP NW 7.0 SPS18 . We are in progress of SPS update using

SUM 1.0 SP9 patch 4 .

How do we approach with this situation .

Please let us know for any clue!

Thanks and Regards,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You follow SAP note..1683825 and 1678780...

Rableen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please follow the below two section  as suggested by Rableen,

1683825 - Installing RTLPOSDM on SAP NetWeaver

• If you have already installed the required Enhancement Package, you can install the add-on only using SAINT (see next section).
    • The general procedure for the installation using SUM is described in the guides for the enhancement package for SAP NetWeaver at https://service.sap.com/erp-inst.
    • Add-On installation
      In the maintenance optimizer transaction (MOPZ), select die relevant add-on product version for RTLPOSDM under: "Maintenance optimizer transaction" -> "Choose Add-on Products" step.
      For information about the add-on product versions, see the relevant "Solution Masterguide" on SAP Service Marketplace (quick link "instguides").
    • Add-on release upgrade
      In the maintenance optimizer, the system recognizes and displays a version of RTLPOSDM that was already installed. Select the relevant add-on product version for RTLPOSDM as the target.
    • Upgrading BI_CONT with a target release of SAP_BASIS 701 SR1: Phase ADDON_DYN
      The SAP POS Data Management function was previously delivered with the add-on BI_CONT. As of BI_CONT 707, the SAP POS Data Management function is delivered with the separate add-on RTLPOSDM.
      The system requests a decision in the phase ADDON_DYN. For the installation of RTLPOSDM 100_700, select the option "Target Release BI_CONT 707 or higher plus RTLPOSDM".
      In the IS_SELECT phase, select the target 100_700 for RTLPOSDM and the upgrade type "Upgrade with SAINT Package".
      In the BI_CONT source release, if you have not used the SAP POS Data Management function and you do not intend to use it after the upgrade either, select the option "Keep Add-on BI_CONT".
      Even if you select the option "Keep Add-on BI_CONT" in ADDON_DYN, an error may occur in BIND_PATCH during the complete queue calculation because of the missing RTLPOSDM (for example, if BI_CONT 707 is included and used in the function POS DM in an earlier BI_CONT version). Repeat the configuration module and correct the decision in ADDON_DYN.

1678780 - Installation or upgrade BI_CONT / BI_CONT_XT 7x7

• Upgrade with a target release of SAP_BASIS 701 SR1:
    • Source release SAP_BASIS 700: Phase ADDON_DYN
      The system requests a decision in the phase ADDON_DYN.
      In the BI_CONT source release, if you already used the SAP POS Data Management function or if you want to use it after the upgrade, select the option "Target Release BI_CONT 707 or higher plus RTLPOSDM". In this case, also refer to SAP Note 1683825.
      In the BI_CONT source release, if you have not used the SAP POS Data Management function and you do not intend to use it after the upgrade either, select the option "Keep Add-on BI_CONT". Even if you select the option "Keep Add-on BI_CONT" in ADDON_DYN, an error may occur in BIND_PATCH during the complete queue calculation because of the missing RTLPOSDM (for example, if BI_CONT 707 is included and if the function POS DM was used in a lower BI_CONT version). Repeat the configuration module and correct the decision in ADDON_DYN.
    • Source release SAP_BASIS 640: Phase ADDON_SPEC3
      The system requests a decision in the phase ADDON_SPEC3.
      In the BI_CONT source release, if you have already used the SAP POS Data Management function or if you want to use it after the upgrade, select the option "Change to BI_CONT plus RTLPOSDM". In this case, also refer to SAP Note 1683826.
      In the BI_CONT source release, if you have not used the SAP POS Data Management function and if you do not intend to use it after the upgrade either, select the option "Stay on BI_CONT". Even if you select the option "Stay on BI_CONT" in ADDON_SPEC3, an error may occur during the complete queue calculation because of the missing RTLPOSDM (for example, if BI_CONT 707 is included and if the function POS DM was used in a lower BI_CONT version). Repeat the configuration module and correct the decision in ADDON_SPEC3.
  • Upgrade with a target release of SAP_BASIS 700 (SR3): Phase IS_MOVEMENT

Thanks

Rishi Abrol