cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release Strategy on Total PO value (Material cost+Delivery Cost at Header level)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have one requirement is that the PO release will supposed to do on the Total PO value (Material Cost + Delivery Cosy) on header level.

As per my understanding in standard SAP the PO only release on the net value (CEKKO-GNETW) at header level. But our requirement is that the PO will release on cumulative total value of all item wise material cost + Diff. Delivery Cost like Freight, Loading and Unloading,Packing and Forwarding etc.

Hope I am clear about my requirement and I need a guidance to address this issue. So kindly reply with the relevant solution.

Thanks and Regards

AKS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For PO release, standard SAP will use CEKKO-GNETW, whch is the value of sum of  EKPO-NETPR. It wont consider the condition values. So the freight or any similar conditions from condition table are not considered.

If you want PO release based on the total value including freight value, you may need development. You can use subtotal field in MM pricing procedure to consolidate all values relevant for PO release to a subtotal field or effective value field in EKPO. (For example, if you use subtotal S for the final price in the MM pricing, the value will be copied to EKPO-EFFWR)

Inorder to configure release strategy based on the sum of this consolidated value (eg: EKPO-EFFWR), you have to copy the value to CEKKO communication structure, to any user fields like CEKKO-USRN1. For this, you may use the exit :EXIT_SAPLEBND_002.

Once its done, you may create a new characteristic for the PO final price with table CEKKO and the user field (USRN1).

Refer the link:

Regards,

AKPT

Message was edited by: AKPT MM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Basically Release strategy is Used any Biz process to have a control on PO Net price for a material.

Once PO is raised the higher level of dept want to check the same and release for further processing.

Based on which there will be control on PO net price against each material based on their negotiation price what they have decided, so to control the system not go beyond the fixed price and tell the users to correct the price in PO before sent to vendor, and also to have a fixed budget control based on each dept.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for the valuable Input...!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Mr.AKPT MM for your detailed solution about our issue. I'll definitely go with your solution and test it in the system and update in the portal.

@ Mr. Patil : I am absolutely agree with your comments on the net price supposed to be the parameter for the release and that's why in std. system it was provided as a solution. But here business need the approval mechanism on the total PO value. Because the authorized person is responsible not only for the material cost but also all the subsidiary cost incurred to procure that material.

So wee need specifically the release on the total value to meet there requirement. Any ways thanks for your concern,,,,,and hope much more such valuable solution from you in future.

Thanks and Regards

AKS

Former Member
0 Kudos

To achieve this then sum up all the condition  Value (KWERT field)  in all the line item excluding JEXT condition type & fetch it for determining the release strategy in purchasing document from KONV Table.

Consider line item with LOEKZ = 'blank' only.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As we know we can't use release strategy item wise in PO.

This is the standard logic.

No control of this.

It can be happens in PR only.