cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIM_ERR_FAILED: User Credentials Invalid or User denid access

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am facing a strange issue here and need your help. Kindly help me with your expert advise.

Background:

I am setting up PI Monitoring for my PI 7.3 Java Only system in Solution Manager 7.1. SPS 10. Now, as a prerequisite to transfer the domain data from PI SLD to SOLMAN SLD, I am using the instructions based on note 1631346 - Solution Manager 7.1: SLD configuration for PI monitoring.

As per the instructions, I have done all the preactivities (maintaing the connection parameters in pc1.properties file) and using the following commands:

java -jar picarrier.jar -printsource pc1.properties -select %

Output: Everything works all the data are displayed correctly. This means I am able to connect to my PO7 sld properly.

Now when I use:

java -jar picarrier.jar -transfer pc1.properties -select %

Output:

com.sap.sld.api.wbem.exception.CIMCommunicationException: CIM_ERR_FAILED: User credentials are invalid or user is denied access

at com.sap.sld.api.wbem.client.WBEMHttpRequestSender.newCommunicationException(WBEMHttpRequestSender.java:619)

at com.sap.sld.api.wbem.client.WBEMHttpRequestSender.processResponse(WBEMHttpRequestSender.java:518)

at com.sap.sld.api.wbem.client.WBEMHttpRequestSender.sendImpl(WBEMHttpRequestSender.java:211)

at com.sap.sld.api.wbem.client.WBEMRequestSender.send(WBEMRequestSender.java:212)

at com.sap.sld.api.wbem.client.WBEMRequestSender.send(WBEMRequestSender.java:173)

at com.sap.sld.api.wbem.client.WBEMRequestSender.sendRequest(WBEMRequestSender.java:254)

at com.sap.sld.api.wbem.client.WBEMRequestSender.send(WBEMRequestSender.java:279)

at com.sap.sld.api.wbem.client.WBEMRequestSender.send(WBEMRequestSender.java:311)

at com.sap.sld.api.wbem.client.WBEMRemoteClient.getObjectServerFromSLD(WBEMRemoteClient.java:1034)

at com.sap.sld.api.wbem.client.WBEMRemoteClient.getObjectServerImpl(WBEMRemoteClient.java:1011)

at com.sap.sld.api.wbem.client.WBEMClient.getObjectServer(WBEMClient.java:2977)

at com.sap.sld.api.builder.GenericBuilder.<init>(GenericBuilder.java:63)

at com.sap.sld.api.builder.GenericDeltaBuilder.<init>(GenericDeltaBuilder.java:129)

at com.sap.sld.api.builder.ClusterTransferBuilder.<init>(ClusterTransferBuilder.java:57)

at com.sap.sld.api.builder.ClusterTransferBuilderFactory.newBuilder(ClusterTransferBuilderFactory.java:40)

at com.sap.sld.api.builder.app.pi.PIDataCarrier.transferData(PIDataCarrier.java:89)

at com.sap.sld.api.builder.app.pi.PIDataCarrier.main(PIDataCarrier.java:332)

ERROR: PI data carrier aborted with an exception at Dec 11, 2013 7:43:39 PM

Message: com.sap.sld.api.wbem.exception.CIMCommunicationException: CIM_ERR_FAILED: User credentials are invalid or user is denied access

This means that there is a problem at the SOlman SLD Access. This is where I need help.

Checks to troubleshoot:

1. Checked all users both in ABAP as well as JAVA side. All are good and nothing is locked/getting locked.

2. Added few extra roles to SLDAPIUSER so that I can access, but no use.

3. Followed Note 1908188 as well (UTF8 editor) but still no help.

Kindly help please.

Thanks,

Avishek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. Let me share a bit more of troubleshooting. Following are the parameters of the pc1.properties file (ideally):

source_host=<PI host with FQDN>

source_port=<j2ee port no.>

source_user=SLDAPIUSER

source_pwd=<password>

source_namespace=sld/active

target_host=<Solman host with FQDN>

target_port=<j2ee port no.>

target_user=SLDAPIUSER  

target_pwd=<password>

target_namespace=sld/active

loglevel=INFO

http_read_timeout=600

max_error_count=100

Now, what I did was that I created one business system manually in my SOLMAN host sld. I had another solman (DEV) and I tried to transfer the SLD entries to the DEV Solman. Now the file is:

source_host=<Solman host with FQDN>

source_port=<j2ee port no.>

source_user=SLDAPIUSER

source_pwd=<password>

source_namespace=sld/active

target_host=<Solman (DEV) host with FQDN>

target_port=<j2ee port no.>

target_user=SLDAPIUSER  

target_pwd=<password>

target_namespace=sld/active

loglevel=INFO

http_read_timeout=600

max_error_count=100

The issue is same. With SLDAPIUSER I can login to solman SLD as well and create/change entires, thus this means, there is no login problem, its just auth. problem. But why as I can create and change with this user in SLD manually?
Does this has got to do anything with CIM content versions or something else?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If i read the note you were suppose to run this command .

Test the transfer of the PI data first with a user-defined XI domain. Instead of using the percentage sign for the select option, use a unique part of the domain name, for example the host name xxxxx:

java -jar picarrier.jar -transfer pc1.properties -select xxxxx

But use used

java -jar picarrier.jar -transfer pc1.properties -select %

Do you need % in there as the command says to use host name.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Rishi.

Yes, you are correct. I didn't mention that but I used the command:

java -jar picarrier.jar -transfer pc1.properties -select xxxxx

There also I faced the same error as I am facing. Actually, this is just to check before the original big transfer.

If you scroll down the note you'll find the "%" sign means "select all". This means all the entries under Business system of PI SLD will be selected and transferred.

So no clue where/what is the issue...

Thanks...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you check that the user is not locked and has the correct password.

SLDAPIUSER

1426723 - Solman_Setup locked slddsuser, sldapiuser

Thanks

Rishi abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

SLDAPIUSER is not locked and also has enough authorizations.

Issue is something else. Note doesn't help.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Some thing has not gone correct. I would suggest remove all the file and set these peoperty to

log.internalInfo=true

log.internalDebug=true

and try to configure it.

also mentioned earlier the source should be pi and target should be solman.

What is the java version that you are using.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I will proceed as per your recommendations and let you know the results.

Java Version is 1.6 as per the note.

Thanks a lot, Rishi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rishi,

You are the man!! It worked, finally after a 2 day war!!!

Now the solution is a bit weird. I deleted all the files keeping only the zip file. Unzipped the same and reconfigured. It worked using the same users, passwords and credentials. SAP sometimes is really unpredictable.

By the way, awarding you full points.

Again, YOU ROCK!!!

Thanks,

Avishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks mate good to see that it works...

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check logs from SLD.

> 2. Added few extra roles to SLDAPIUSER so that I can access, but no use.

Please be more specific.

More likely, you have insufficient rights.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

Thanks for your response. But, please check my post where under "Checks to troubleshoot" section I have already mentioned about this note. I have checked it, but no junk characters or no help.

I have used: UltraEdit as an UTF8 editor and also saved the (pc1.properties) file in UTF8 format with the help of MS Word, did a lot of stuffs, but no help!

Thanks,

Avishek