cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Child component quantity default value during 543

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a question about why, during goods receipt with reference to Scheduling Agreement (SA), the defaulted quantity for the components appear in the system is not following BOM quantity ratio.

Explanation:

1. The relationship between the parent (#0001062) and child (#02210349) in the BOM is 1 to 1.
  2. There are 40pcs of component stocks already available and reside at subcontractor location (see black square box below).

3. The following is the SA in which I will use to perform the GRN.

MIGO-GRN of 40pcs on parent material #0001062 was key into at item detail level, however, the system automatically derive a 20pcs (by default, I didn’t enter it) for child material #02210349.

Question 1:

Given that the ratio between the child and parent material is 1 to 1 on the BOM, and there are 40pcs of child components stocks available at subcontractor premises, why system not propose 40pcs for the child components, but 20pcs? Where are those 20pcs coming from? Is it because system derived the 20pcs from 13.11.2013 till 04.12.2013 as show on figure at no. 2 (i.e. red rectangular box)? If this is true, what is the rational, I think it is wrong, it should be 40.

The following is MD04 for the child.

Question 2:

Furthermore, system even allow (i.e. not showing error red message but green color), when I changed the 40pcs to 45pcs for the child component #02210349 even though in MBLB report stated very clear that only 40pcs of UU stock is at the subcontract site. System should give an error message when I hits check button in this scenario, shouldn't it?

Regards,

tuff

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Scenario 1

Please check the component qty maintained in the SA schedule line via ME38 as there is possibilities to changes the qty  at SA level .

Scenario 2

When you do GR system displays required qty for component  from PO/SA, when you click the check icon that time only system checks the qty available at vendor location. if there is any deficit stock, you will get error message .

Regards,

Renuga.A

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I suggest to read OSS note 458606 - FAQ: Subcontracting in purchasing

Honestly, I always wonder why schedule agreements are used if neither the quantity nor the delivery dates are met. if you have such instability, then it is better to use individual purchase orders.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Addition to second scenario,

SAP allows to changes component qty in MIGO screen .Later we can post subsequent adjustment for over/under consumption.

Regards,

Renuga.A