cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP EP 7.4 FPN Could not open iView. The iView is not compatible with your browser

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All

We are migrating from EP 7.01 to EP 7.4 SP3,  we are facing a problem accessing SRM 7.01 content with Chrome browser, we have activated in the SRM side allowotherbrowsers to true, then when we access using our current portal 7.01 using Chrome... the content is displayed properly, but when we try to do the same trought our EP 7.4 the content is not displayed Could not open iView. The iView is not compatible with your browser.

I have checked the allowed browsers list in our Framework page of EP 7.4 and Chrome is there. I think the problem is because the Iview in the provider is only having "(MSIE, >=5.5, *) (Netscape, *, *) (Mozilla,*,*)" then the framework page in 74 is not reading chrome from the iview in the producer and is locking the content. 

In general this is the problem:

EP 7.01 --> FPN to SRM 7.01 (Chrome browser)  = OK

EP 7.4 --> FPN to SRM 7.01 (Chrome browser)  = Could not open iView. The iView is not compatible with your browser

The FPN is takes the Framework page of consumer portal to display the producer content, it means that is trying to read the Ivew properties from SRM portal that does not contain Crhome in the supported browsers list. it is not happening in version 7.01 becuse the "fix" allowotherbrowsers service is there, but this service does not exist is EP 7.4. or you can nor add or modify the property.

do you have some suggestion to fix this issue?

Thanks in advace

Juan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

saar_dagan
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

All you need to do is to set the "Supported User Agents" attribute on the iview and give it the following value:

(MSIE, >=5.5, *) (Netscape, *, *) (Mozilla,*,*) (Safari, >=3.1, *) (Chrome,*,*)

this will allow chrome to view the iView (if it's indeed that iView that is raising the error).

BR,

Saar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saar,

The problem is that producer is SRM 7.01 and Chrome does not appears in the list

saar_dagan
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

As I said in my previous response you can edit the iview and change that property and add that line.

see if it works for you.

BR,

Saar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did the test yesterday using the PCD Inspector to force the edition of this value, but unfortunately we have the same result.

waiting for SAP response.

regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP has commented to add the parameter to "Core" default Iview "com.sap.portal.default_iView". under com.sap.pct. after execute this modification the change was applied in all the iviews that we did not have modified. in the rest we have  applied agian the parameter change in the modified objects and this time the parameter value was reflected, i dont know why, it was a little curious.

Thanks to Saar and all for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

I'm working on federation between EP 7.4 and EP 7.0.

Do you have any links for the same.unable to find any appropriate link.

Thanks and Regards,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep

I can provide to you some screenshots, could you pass me your email address?

regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I forgot answer to you, I sent an email with the information

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Juan

Kindly refer the SAP Note Browser supports

1666862 - Allow other browsers to access the portal

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response, I have already checked it, this note does not applying to EP 7.4, i have tried to set the property in com.sap.portal.useragent application but it is not having any property. may be im doing something wrong

i went to NWA--> Configuration --> infraestructure--> Java System properties--> applications tab--> filter by "com.sap.portal.useragent" --> Extended details

But the list is empty, and you can not add any new property.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Can you please check that both the version work together. Read the attachment in the below note.

1295662 - Interoperability between 2 portals in FPN environment

Thanks

RishI abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rishi and Ram for the answer, we are covering the requirement (we have 3 more levels than the required)

we have EP 7.4 SP3 as consumer and SRM 7.01 SP 13 as producer, In the matrix table the recomedation is EP 7.4 SP3 with 7.01 SP 10.

I will open a message related to this issue

regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think sap will ask you to go to SP4 for Nw 7.4.

or ask you to apply patch fix for SP3 below patches

EP APPLICATION EXTENSIONS 7.4

EP RUNTIME 7.4

PORTAL BASIS 7.4

But lets see.

Did you try to update the google crome version and see if it works for the new release.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created the message,  let us see what is the suggestion.

thanks

Juan