Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need information about CBTA tool

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have few questions related to CBTA tool.

1. How to convert eCATT test scripts to CBTA test scripts.

2. Is there any documents or links available for WebUI recording. ( As WebUI is being accessed through URL, how to specify the URL )

3. What are the new features added in the CBTA as compared to eCATT tool

Regards,

Siva

13 REPLIES 13

former_member192029
Active Contributor

0 Kudos

Hi Jawahar,

Thank's fr your reply.

I gone through the pdf document. But i have few questions in that.

In the above pdf link, can you go to page no : 61. In the screenshot, there is a column called 'Executable' under 'System Under Test'.

It looks like => SALESPRO&crm-logical-link=SLS-QUT-CR

How to get this information, or where i can find this information for creating the quatation.

Regards,

Siva

0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

With CBTA 3.0 SP0 and SP1 only SAPGUI Transaction and CRM Web Applications are supported.
With CBTA 3.0 SP2, Web Dynpro ABAP Applications are now supported as well. Other Web UI Technologies are partially supported and may require manual adaptations of Test Script generated when recoriding business process.

Anyway, the pre-requisite to recording or executing a CBTA Test Script is to define the so-called "Executable Object" which identifies the application being tested.

With the latest CBTA version (i.e.: ST-TST 300 SP2 (server-side) + CBTA 3.0 SP2 (client-side)) the executable object definition can now be made using the "F4 Help" button. This opens a popup that lets you search for the application you want to test.

When testing CRM Web Applications (executable type: CRM_WEBCLIENT) you may search for the application using the following pattern:

SAPROLE=*&CRM-LOGICAL-LINK=*

With previous CBTA releases the search feature was not available.
The difficulty was therefore that you may not know the technical details of the application that you want to test.

In that case the easiest solution is to only specify the business role (with no logical link).

For instance, you may use:

• saprole=SALESPRO  (for testing business scenarios related to sales processes)
  • saprole=MARKETINGPRO
  • saprole=SERVICEPRO

The business role associated to the CRM Application can be found by pressing F2 in any fields displayed. This opens a popup providing technical details where the information is visible.

Another remark: When the logical link is not specified, the CRM application starts on a kind of welcome page and you then have to select the business process by clicking one of the links available on the left-hand side (in the navigation panel). This step is the one selecting the logical link. Once recorded, the URI generated to perform this frist action necessarily includes the technical logical link that you may use to jump to the business process directly.

Hope this helps,
Regards
Claude

0 Kudos

Hi Claude,

I need to automate an Web Dynpro application in FI module using CBTA.

Application URL : https://system.wdf.sap.corp/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/z2fwa_jereq

CBTA Executable : SE/sap/z2fwa_jereq

After providing the above details if i press save button then i am getting the below message.

"Executable object WDY_APPLICATION/SE/SAP/Z2FWA_JEREQ cannot be checked

No RFC authorization for function module S_TWB_U_REPOSITORY_SELECT_RFC."

Kindly help me in this.

Regards,

Siva

0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

I'm not sure but the following SAP Note may solve the problem.

SAP Note 1718684  - TCE Editor: No RFC authorization for function module

Regards,

Claude

0 Kudos

Hi Rossi

Apologies for hijacking your post

I am unable to record any of the Web UI processes, Web Dynpro in particular. I  can easily record GUI based but not web based processes.

Selected UI Technologies:

Kindly assist, am I missing a specific setting?

Regards,

AjayHS
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please look into the note 1763697 to check for all the pre-req.

Thanks,

Aj

0 Kudos

Hi Ajay

Thanks for the reply.

I was using IE11. Using IE version 9 resolved the issue.

Regards,

AjayHS
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Sibusiso,

I am not sure if IE11 has anything to do with the issue you are facing

Thanks,

Aj

0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Sorry for intruding.

I was recording a CRM web application script, where i'm able to record the text fields but page down or scroll up/down or down/up key is not getting recorded. So if i'm recording a script and i have to record a text field for which i need to scroll down , in that case my script is failing while execution.

Please help me with this. Am i missing some setting or some component needs to be added ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Pragya

AjayHS
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Pragya,

Trying recording using the tab key instead of Scroll bar.

Else one has to write custom code for scrolling.

Thanks

Aj

0 Kudos

Hello,

Are you sure that scrolling is the root cause of the problem?

You have to distinguish between "native scrollbars" and "emulated scroll bars".

- Native scrollbars have no impact on the HTML content because the whole HTML content is already available in the page. In such context, the CBTA tool can perform actions on the element even when the element not visible (i.e.: not in the visible part of the window). In other words, the CBTA recorder does not record any "scroll actions" because this is useless.

- Emulated scroll bars are a different story. Each time you click the scroll bar, the application sends an HTTP request back to the backend to retrieve additional data (and thus display the new HTML content that the HTTP response may send back). In such situation, the recorder must record the action (i.e.: each click in the scroll bar should be recorded).

For CRM Web UI(s) I have never seen the second option (i.e.: no emulated scrollbars). We most of the time have a PAGER control instead. This PAGER control provides the ability to jump to another "page" and, as far as I know, this is properly recorded - (make sure to use CBTA 3.0 SP6 patch1).

Please also keep in mind that the CBTA recorder cannot handle any 'DragAndDrop' actions. That is to say that you cannot scroll by dragging the thumb of the scrollbar; you must click on the arrows instead.

Hope this helps,

Best regards,

Claude

p.s.: Use the Object Spy feature to clarify whether the scrollbar is a native scrollbar or an emulated one! Native scrollbars cannot be spied.

0 Kudos

Thank you Rossi ,

It was really helpful.

Issue was CBTA version.