cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MDM Interview questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have my SAP MDM interview for a client taking place shortly . What are the questions I can expect . I am going to work in their project as a techno-functional consultant . Since this will be my first live implementation I need help . I have done some small time prototypes on this products . Can you guys help me in giving the list of questions ....

Thanks

Amit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Amit ,

I think what you should know about is the basic fundamentals of Console , different types of tables in console and the basic knowledge of all these types , security in MDM .

In the import manager you should know how to import data into taxonomy tables and qualified tables, when is value mapping neccessary , what is partitioning etc ...

In Data manager you should be aware of the deduplication process and workflow .

In syndicator you should know how to setup syndication and the whole concept .

you should understand how to automate the whole process .

You might also want to know how to publish the catalogues through MDM and what are the capabilities of publisher .

regards

Deepak Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Frequently asked questns are like

What are prequisite for MDM.

Why MDM.

Consolidatio, Harmonization,

Why are adding some feilds in main product and why we are adding fields in Qualified table.

Syndication and import mappings.

Workflow Creation

Regards

Himanshu

Please mark helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

check the FAQ from SAP on MDM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit,

If your interview is not over, then learn about the following topics in MDM:

1. What is MDM?

2. Advantages / Benefits of MDM

3. MDM's contribution to ESA (Enterprise-wide Service-Oriented Architecture)

4. MDM's key capabilities

5. IT Scenarios and Business Scenarios

6. Unique features of MDM

7. Lanscape of MDM

8. Console featues - Creation of fields, tables, repositories, users, roles, ports, XML schema etc, Mounting of MDM server, loading and unloading of repositories, statuses of server and repositories, table types, data types etc.

9. Data Manager features - Modes, Search feature, Data manipulation, data merge, data de-duplication etc.

10. Import Manager - Types of data files that can be imported, field mapping, value mapping, validations, work flow etc.

11. Syndicator features...

12. Product Content Management / Print and Publishing of Catalogs.

13. Send / Receive files from XI...

Good Luck.

Satyanarayana.