Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master Agreement owner change

jaheer_hussain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

While doing importing for changing owner name(DOC_OWNER_USER) for one of my master agreement,I am getting the following error.In my security profile I checked all,but still I am getting this error.

"You cannot change the owner of the document because you donot have the required permissions.Contact your manager to request permission(USER_NAME)"

can somebody guide me please?

With Regards,

Jaheer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaheer,

Can you check if you have the following security profile?

Internal Name: fci.profile.doc.owner
Display Name: Document Owner
This is what you might need to change the document owner. This is a document level security profile not a class level.
Apply this security profile to your user id and then try changing the owner. It should work. To apply this security profile, you have to use user accounts workbook. Under ROLES column, add the above mentioned security profile and then import.
Let me know if you need any help.
Regards,
Bindu
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bindu,

I tried importing User Account.xls after adding Document Owner Role, but this role is not visible in users security profile list. Also, when I try to update the contract with new doc owner, there is no change. Please guide.

Thanks,

Saloni

former_member200421
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jaheer,

If you to to Setup > Document Setup tab > General section > Document Security Templates, you'll find the list of Document Security Templates.  You should see Master Agreement Security Template in that list.  If you drill into it and go to the New Documents tab, you'll note that there is an Owner Role.  If you drill into the Owner Role, you'll see a number of configuration settings one of which is the "Lock Principal" checkbox..  What I was guessing was that this box is checked.  If it's checked, it means that you're locking the user down that is assigned as the Owner so when you try to change owners by importing, you get the error message that you don't have sufficient permissions to change the owner.

Hope this clarifies this,

Rosemary

Message was edited by: Rosemary Boisclair

former_member200421
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jaheer,

Can you send me your email address so that I can send you the template?  My email address is rosemary.boisclair@sap.com.

Thank you,

Rosemary

jaheer_hussain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rosemary,

what do you mean by " I'm guessing that you have the Role and Principal locked on the the Document Security Template".Can you please clarify it? Thank you.

With Regards,

Jaheer..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rosemary,

Can you share the template with me? My Id saloni15@gmail.com

Thanks,

Saloni

former_member200421
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jaheer,

The error that you're getting is probably a little misleading.  I'm guessing that you have the Role and Principal locked on the the Document Security Template.

I'll forward an example import file (in an email) that you can use to change the owner in Master Agreements.  There are only two columns that need to be populated for Master Agreements (which I’ve highlighted in yellow in the attached file):

1.  UNIQUE_DOC_NAME (This is the system assigned unique number.)

2.  DOC_OWNER_USER (This is the user name of the new owner.)

Once you have completed the two columns for the Master Agreements that you want to change, you can go to the import area in Setup and import the file.  Please try this.  I've recently worked with several others that had similar needs and this import file worked fine.

Hope this helps,

Rosemary