Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phase text changed - regenerate MSDS?

former_member215519
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I want to seek some advice from you for this topic.

Say, if we make some changes on the phrase translation, what's the best way to identify its impact?

I am asking this because MSDS is already generated in rtf, so it cannot indicate when we have a phrase text changed. But if that phrase text is a key change on some of the regulatory contexts, we prefer to re-generate all related MSDS, i.e, all the substances using this phrase in specific VAT.

Any idea on this? Thanks so much

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Ralph_P
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I tend to agree since the phrase, in your words, is a key change to a regualtory requirement. Re-generate the affected MSDS. Then you still need to decide whether this will be a new main or only a new sub-version.

Ralph

former_member215519
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Ralph, yeah, we do need to re-generate MSDS, versioning is another topic.

But what's the proper way to identify the impacted MSDS? Seems no standard ways, right? Does it mean we will have to develop our own ABAP? Please advise

Ralph_P
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi John,

depends on your version of EH&S. In "my" version, in CG02 you can simply search for specs that have a certain phrase assigned. This search goes through all characteristics. In older versions without this search functionality you probably need to check to which phrase sets your phrase is assigned to and then search in these characteristics for the phrase.

Ralph

former_member215519
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Ralph,

I have this function as well, it's lucky.

By looking into it, it's using function module C1H0_SUB_FIND_BY_PHRASE.

I think we can use this as the starting point for further enhancement, as you can see now, it's only supporting one phrase per time. We want to develop something so it can work for a list of phrases.

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear John

EHS does have s standard functionality regarding your topic.

Check: http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_07/helpdata/en/a7/2876dd0a6c11d28a220000e829fbbd/content.htm?framese...

Chapter: Generating Worklists

The topic of phrase change is part of the process. But if you would like to have a "relevant" report then this is no option.

C.B.