cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Webi processing and Connection server metrics in Wily

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

We are trying to integrate our BOBJ XI 3.1 with SOLMAN and Wily for complete E2E diagnostics.

Following are the steps done do far:

-Installing the SMD agent with connection to SOLMAN

-Installation and configuration of Wily Java agent.

-Managed system setup in SOLMAN

-Configuring the NCS.conf

We ensured all the steps mentioned in the below note are properly followed:

SAP Note 1357901 - RCA: Managed System Setup for SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise

Following is our environment:

BOBJ XI 3.1 SP6 (Windows 2003)

SOLMAN 7.1 SP6

Wily 9.1

However at this point we only see the metrics from WAS, MDAS and Host WMI. The metrics for connection and webi processing server are not available.

Our SMD Agent instance is 97 but I do not see any process listening on 59718, so would like to understand which agent is the NCS.conf file referring?

Following is what I see in the NCS log file:

---------------------------------------------------

trc file: "WIReportServer_D1DCA714.WebIntelligenceProcessingServer1_ncs.trc", trc level: 1, release: "720"

---------------------------------------------------

M [Thr 7252] Tue Dec 17 21:42:30 2013

M  [Thr 7252] NCS trace timer thread is successfully triggered

M  [Thr 7252] Trace dispatcher thread is successfully triggered

M  [Thr 7252] NCS data timer thread is successfully triggered

M  [Thr 7252] Data dispatcher thread is successfully triggered

M  [Thr 7252] NCS library version 2.3.9 loaded

M  [Thr 7252] NCS_ProcInit API invoked

M [Thr 8248] Tue Dec 17 21:42:36 2013

M  [Thr 8248] ***LOG Q0I=> NiBufIConnect: connection pending after 500ms: connect (10035: WSAEWOULDBLOCK: Resource temporarily unavailable) [nibuf.cpp 4634]

M  [Thr 8248] *** ERROR => NiBufIConnect: non-buffered connect pending after 500ms (hdl 1;ip.ip.ip.ip:59718) [nibuf.cpp    4645]

M  [Thr 8248] *** ERROR => NI raw handle failed to be initilized for the first time, connection to agent destination failed to be established  in agent 1 [ncsmtdatasen 136]

M [Thr 6932] Tue Dec 17 21:43:31 2013

M  [Thr 6932] Performance or Resource Data Detected

M  [Thr 6932] *** ERROR => NI raw handle failed to be initilized for the first time, connection to agent destination failed to be established  in agent 1 [ncsmtdatasen 136]

Look forward to some assistance on this.

Thanks,

Vikram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Toby_Johnston
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

Go to SMD Agent Administration page in Solman, and have a look at this host's SapAgentConfig.xml.  In here, you will see the configuration that determines what the SMD Agent NCS port is.  Make sure this port matches the port you configure in NCS.conf

Regards,

Toby Johnston

SAP America, Inc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Toby,

Thanks for the quick help.

I spent a couple of hours trying to understand the ports for these agents and would have definitely spent a couple more if you wouldn't have answered here.

I feel this information has to be added to the KBA or some comments written to the NCS.conf so that other customer's don't face similar issue.

Not sure how our environment is different but the file "SapAgentConfig.xml" had this port specified as "6404" and after changing the value for agent_port in NCS.conf to 6404, the webi and connection server metrics are available in Wily.

Thank you again! You are an asset to this "remote supportabilty" space.

Cheers,

Vikram.V

0 Kudos

I know its an old post and issue has been resolved, but I had exactly the same problem but a bit more complex while setting up monitoring for SAP MDM 7.1 SP10 in solman 7.1

I had two MDM systems on same server using six different logical hostnames ( one each for IS, SS and MDS) .

And the ncs conf file I had was same for each server and has same port and I had used logical hostnames as value for agent_host parameter, so the metrics which were being delivered were never under the correct agent in Wily EM and monitoring didn't work in solution manager as all monitoring data was being reported under only one agent rather then being assigned to specific nodes in WIly EM under its own logical host. ( like data for SS and IS was being reported under MDS agent node)

Following this thread I was able to resolve the problem as I could change the port in the SapAgentConfig.xml file for each logical agent and used the same in corresponding ncs file which resolved the problem.

This information definitely needs to be added to a KBA or sap note.

Thanks

Amit

Answers (0)