cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server Error - message appears randomly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I already posted this message in the WebI forum, but obviously it's a server-wide issue, maybe somehone here can help me.

We are on BO 4.1 SP2.

Since we upgraded to 4.1, our users get more random error messages than before. We can't tell the exact steps, that lead to the errors, but for example this one appears when opening a Webi-report, or when I tried to open the properties of a publication in the CMC. I was logged in CMC for maybe half an hour and was always active, so it shouldn't be a timeout issue. Once the error appears, it doesn't go away until I login again. We get that error every few days once, always in different situations (Launchpad and CMC).

The error message box appears and i can find the following log entries in our tomcat logs.

stderr.log:

java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.IServer.process(com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.IServerRequest) of an object loaded from local variable 'server'

at com.businessobjects.rebean.wi.impl.services.AbstractRebeanService.sendRequest(AbstractRebeanService.java:56)
at com.businessobjects.rebean.wi.impl.services.ReportSpecServiceImpl.updateRS(ReportSpecServiceImpl.java:1057)
at com.businessobjects.rebean.wi.impl.services.ReportSpecServiceImpl.applyFormat(ReportSpecServiceImpl.java:203)
at com.businessobjects.rebean.wi.impl.services.ReportSpecServiceImpl.applyFormat(ReportSpecServiceImpl.java:175)
at com.businessobjects.rebean.wi.impl.services.ReportEngineDrillServiceImpl.updateFilters(ReportEngineDrillServiceImpl.java:552)
at org.apache.jsp.webiDHTML.viewer.processDrillbar_jsp._jspService(processDrillbar_jsp.java:337)

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

has one of your APS Services the "Rebean" Service configured?

Regards

-Seb.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's part of our WebI_APS-Server (together with Custom Data Access, Document Recovery, Excel Data Access, Rebean, Security Token, TraceLog, Webi Monitoring).

But honestly I have no idea what the Rebean service does. Are there any configuration settings?

Former Member
0 Kudos

APS  : The service did not start -This service has no configuration property.

How to over come this error? We are on BI 4.1 SP2 FP2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create a separate thread.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

same error here. Did you resolve the issue?

Regards

Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

This error is because there is a popup session expired message on server or maybe on client machine, so close this mesage and try again.