cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the process of Implementation in SAP RDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are trying to implement SAP Rapid Deployment Solution for which we have following clarifications to be cleared.

1.How do we make the configuration,can we do this manually for eg 2 company codes,2 plant etc,which can be later taken as a template

or

in RDS it is mandate to activate BC Sets for enterprise structure and configuration

also please post the link where i can see the step-by-step guide and road map of SAP RDS.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohamed,

There are many, many different RDS's for different business processes. What RDS are you looking for? Without being trained in the RDS process, it would be quite challenging to implement an RDS. This is one time where you really need qualified consultants. The RDS timeline includes time for knowledge transfer so that you can add all of your own data after the RDS is completed.

Here is a hint. All RDS's are based upon best practice building blocks. You can get these for the RDS you are interested in by downloading the step-by-step guide and selecting the Implement Options step in the Deploy section. Then select Manual activation and configuration. Then select Content Library. This will give you all of the related building blocks (best practices).

There is a lot of information in the training for the RDS. You would have to arrange for training from SAP or a qualified partner. Again, if you want to ensure success, add qualified consultants to your team.

Best Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your prompt response.

We are trying to implement RDS for ERP(FI,PP,SD,MM,PM ect),for which we are downloading BC Sets.

What i could see is only a .TXT files and not .BC Sets

I downloaded from here

https://websmp207.sap-ag.de/~form/handler?_APP=00200682500000002672&_EVENT=DISPLAY&_SCENARIO=&_HIER_...

But I get only .XML and .TXT files,where are to upload in SCPR20 i need .BCS files .

Please let me know how and where to download .BCS files ....

also,is it mandate to have solution manager ,or it can be done in ERP- scpr20 itself.

Thanks for your assistance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mohamed,

You can implement an RDS manually or automatically. The .XML file is used to control the Solution Builder in automatic implementations. An automatic approach needs a lot of thought. The order of BC Set implementation can be critical. Search for Notes about installing and using the Solution Builder. I don't believe that Solution Manager is a requirement. BC sets are just text files. There are no .BCS files to download.

In any case, you'll need to open every BC Set and inspect the data and configuration that is to be loaded. You may not want the locations, materials or configuration that is in the sets.

For an ERP RDS implementation, it is even more important to have qualified consultants.

There should be one or more SAP Notes providing guidance on the RDS you want to implement.

Best Regards,

Mike

Answers (0)