Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO release workflow when PO chnaged

former_member201532
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

my requirement is on po release when po created.

1. i copied standard workflow WS20000075 and triggered workflow for event CHANGED with BUS2012.

2.release stratagy is also maintain  for po release.

3. i have 5 level of approvals (USER1, USER2,USER3..etc)

so do i need to do agent assignment in task TS20000166 (SINGLERELEASE) or i will outomatically get approval details from release stratagy.

4. after approval of USER1 will it automatically trigger workflow for next level of approval USER2 based on release stratagy or do  we need to

loop it for next level of approval.

5.from some forums i came to know that there are some settings required  to trigger workflow for po release in SPRO . so these settings are    onfiguered by functional people or technical consultant.

please guide me if i am going wrong.

please answer these questions.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member201532
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

change event is triggering when there is reject or release in ME29N Txn.

1. how to handle it.

2. if i need po release when po created and if i use only RELEASESTEPCREATED event only

in start events  will the workflow trigger outomatically based on release stratagy or not ?.

Thanks.

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Phani

Please use only RELEASESTEPCRETAED and it will trigger when:

1) PO is CREATED and saved for release

2) When one level is released, it will again trigger for the next level

This will happen only if the release strategy is correctly configured by the functional con.

That is the base of the standard workflow triggering (WS20000075) and shall work for your custom workflow also.

My advise would be to stick to this triggering mechanism because using CHANGED event will involve a lot of over-engg.

Regards,

Modak

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

change event is triggering when there is reject or release in ME29N Txn.

1. how to handle it.

Answer: the functional MM consultant handles this, since it is their expertise

This is also the answer to your original question, if these settings are technical or functional. They are functional. Many workflow consultants, myself included, are both.

All of your questions have been answered, so I suggest to close this thread and put it on answered.

Kind regards, Rob Dielemans

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings,

The standard PO release workflow WS20000 075 works well and as often advised in the thread, one should use it and not re-invent the wheel.

But what about this requirement?  Version Management is activated.  A PO has been released as per Standard release strategy and workflow.  Then a Change is made to the PO which creates a new Version.  This new Version should also go through a new round of approvals.

What workflow event can cover this?

Thanks,

EW

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please open a new thread, much more chance of getting an answer.

You can refer back to this thread with a link.

former_member201532
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gupta.

Thanks for you help it really help me alot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

You want to cofigure in spro. its fuctional consultant work. i tried this many time. after configure in spro oly it ll work

Regards,

gopi

former_member201532
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gupta,

1. i need to add mail steps after release and reject of PO.

2. I need to get rejection reason if PO release is rejected.

3. There are two document types for one documenet type i need approvals and for  second  one  just notifications only .

4. need deadline monitoring

i need to trigger PO release workflow when PO CREATED or PO CHANGED.

please tell  how to acheive it.

Thanks.

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Phani Kumar

So your requirement is too specific now and may not require the standard functionality.

The Standard workflow send a work item to the approver which opens the Release transaction of the PO.

Whereas, what I gather from your responses that you want to send a a decision item to the approver and then do the release from another step as a background.

is this correct?

or you still want to keep the standard step of work item which opens the release txn?

Let us know your approach - the implementation steps will vary for both cases.

regards,

Modak

former_member201532
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gupta,

i want to use standard workflow which opens release txn ME29 for PO.

please tell steps that i need to follow for my requirement.

Thanks.

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Phanikumar

If you want the standard steps, better trigger the workflow in standard way and just add your mailing etc.

This will ensure that when a release happens at one level, the next level release workflow is triggered (the same workflow is triggered - but a new instance - technically, a new work item ID

If you base your workflow on Created/ Changed event, then for the first release, it is okay, but then for the next release, before you start on the changed event, you will have to develop a check function module to check if the changed event is triggered from the change in release code (done by previous step). You will have to read the change documents and check only release code was updated.

Moreover, you will also have to check that it was released(approved) and not rejected. Even in rejection, the CHANGED event would fire and you would not want to trigger a new instance.

If you do not code the Check Function module, any change in PO, from ME22N or elsewhere would trigger the new workflow instance (even for rejection).

So why take the hassle of using CHANGED event??

If you want the standard functionality - follow how it is done in the standard workflow...and just add your email steps etc!

Regards,

Modak

former_member201532
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gupta,

As you said that CHANGE event will trigger for the change in release code( done by previous step).

1.so i am looking to bind with events CREATED          BUS2012

CHANGED         BUS2012

RELEASESTEPCREATED BUS2012

in start events of workflow.

2. to stop workflow triggering for rejected release ,i will use start conditons in event CHANGED.

but how to know that PO rejected or approved by using release codes?

please tell me the above two steps are right or wrong .

Thanks

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Phani

1) Are we sure that Changed is getting fired when rejection is done?

2) If yes, then start workflow on RELEASESTEPCREATED event only. test for all release levels, it should work

Regards,

Modak

former_member201532
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

please tell technical steps which i need to follow for triggering a PO release workflow when po change or po create.

1.how to handle po create and change for po release workflow.

2.how to assign agents to workflow.

Thanks.

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your assumption is entirely incorrect. There are no technical steps to handle the PO release workflow. SAP has designed it in such a way that you have to follow Functional steps to handle the PO Release workflow.

There is always the option to do it all by yourself, but then you lose reusability. And you have to create your own custom workflow, with your own custom steps, custom methods and custom tasks.controlling the events are then handle with your own delegated subtype with events and your own change documents and your own event-->wf conditions in SWB_COND.

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Phanikumar

First of all, can you please let us know the reason for copying the standard workflow and having the custom workflow trigger on CHANGED event?

Is it that your standard PO WF was not triggering? If yes, then the release strategy may not have been configured properly as RELEASESTEPCREATED is not being triggered.

Or is it that you need additional steps/processing which is not in the standard WF. If yes, then why did you base your workflow on a different triggering events than standrad?

Let us know what exactly is happening when you do a creation/change:

1) is the release being reset on change (in the PO - Txn ME23N can be checked)

2) If not - get hold of the funct con

3) if yes, what events are triggered/not triggered in backend

We can then decide on the next course thereafter.

Regards,

Modak

former_member201532
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

my requirement is to trigger PO RELEASE workflow when PO created or changed.

i copied standard workflow WS20000075.

please guide me how to acheive using PO Release workflow.

please tell me steps i need to follow.

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Step 1

Acquire/hire MM purchasing release strategy knowledge

Step 2.

configure release groups, codes, indicators (for workflow events of course), strategies, with prerequisites, etc. and the workflow (for agents) action of the define release procedure activity

optionally edit characteristics for specific release determination procedures.

Step 3.

test

former_member201532
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

can you please help me how to trigger workflow for PO release when PO CHANGE or PO CREATE.

1. Release stratagy also maintained

2.I need to follow organization structure for approvals.

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, like I said. you do not trigger wf on change or create.

In spro read the customizing documentation, read the SAP help on PO release strategies, check out for MM blogs on this subject, etc.

Also get the help of a skilled functional MM consultant, they should know about this.

If you set things up properly you don't need to do much with workflow, this is the reccomended way and by far the easiest.

If you want to stray away from the SAP standard reccomended path then you must have a lot of workflow knowledge and a solid Materials Management knowledge if you want to model a stable business process with workflow.

Trying to cowboy your way through it is detrimental to the company you are working for.

former_member201532
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gupta.

i need to trigger workflow when po changed .so i copied standard workflow WS20000075.

1.used CHANGED event in BUS2012 to bind in start events of workflow and removed

RELEASESTEPCREATED binding.

2.  as you said " For each level, it will trigger a new instance of the workflow when the preceeding level  gets released"

i am thinking to add block step for multilevel approval release of po in workflow . so will these step is usefull in my workflow requiremnet .

or

please tell how to trigger po release workflow when po chnaged.

please help

anjan_paul
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ask functional people to mainatain AGENT in 'Define Release Procedure for Purchase Order' -> Workflow in SPRO. Then your workflow will assign to agent

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi

Ensure that standard Rule AC20000027 is assigned as the default rule to your task  TS20000166; this will pickup agents from the release startegy

For each level, it will trigger a new instance of the workflow when the preceeding level gets released. But you will have to use the right event (as used in the standard workflow). As far as I remember, it was RELEASESTEPCREATED (but not toosure; hence pls check in the system).

Normally the Functional Cons do the SPRO settings for the release startegy

Regards,

Modak

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are correct, if release strategies are set up properly in MM-PUR customizing then you will get releasestepcreated events everytime when a release step is needed.

This event is the terminating event of the task for approval and it is the starting event of the workflow.

If you also set up agent assignment correctly in this customizing then the agents will be assigned in the standard workflow.

Triggering the workflow with Changed is not correct and will get you in trouble and will need a lot of extra workflow consulting to make it work.