Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iDOC_AAE Error while parsing idoc XML

NishantChavan
Participant
0 Kudos

Experts,

I have flat file to iDoc scenario, we have dual stack and I am using IDOC_AAE for receiver channel. I have resolved all the connectivity related errors however now I am getting below error. I am not able to see the idoc xml in RWB, its showing the source xml. I have values in all the mandatory fields. any idea why I am getting this error and where i can see the idoc xml

IDoc: Error before sending due to IDoc parsing error: (7) IDOC_ERROR_PARSE_FAILURE: An IDocConversionException occurred while parsing IDocXML for type </SCWM/WMTCID01>: state=READING_FIELD_VALUE_TAG, charPosition=586, lineNumber=1, columnNumber=587

MP: exception caught with cause com.sap.aii.af.idoc.exception.IDOCAdapterException: IDoc: Error before sending due to IDoc parsing error: (7) IDOC_ERROR_PARSE_FAILURE: An IDocConversionException occurred while parsing IDocXML for type </SCWM/WMTCID01>: state=READING_FIELD_VALUE_TAG, charPosition=586, lineNumber=1, columnNumber=58

Thanks,

Nishant

prasanna_16
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Problem:MP: exception caught with cause com.sap.aii.af.idoc.exception.IDOCAdapterException: Error before sending due to IDoc parsing error: (7) IDOC_ERROR_PARSE_FAILURE: Illegal value "" for attribute BEGIN in <IDOC BEGIN="1"> tag within IDoc-XML for type <INVOICE>: state=READING_ATTRIBUTE_VALUE, charPosition=90, lineNumber=1, columnNumber=91

Solution:

when we are migrating objects from SAP PI 7.1 to 7.5, this type of error will occur.

just we need to change values for Begin, segment wherever required to 1 in message mapping.

ex: BEGIN=1,SEGMENT=1 (Before when BEGIN="", SEGMENT="" or "Constant" or any other value).

Thanks ℜgards,

Somu Venkata Prasanna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

NishantChavan
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for your response. its a date format issue. I am trying all the formats but none is working. can you give me the exact format which will work or where i can find that?

NishantChavan
Participant
0 Kudos

My friend helped me with this. it took "YYYMMDD" format and it worked. Thanks you all for your help.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member262051
Participant
0 Kudos

HI All,

I am also facing the same issue,

Mine is file(.csv) to idoc scenario while processing idoc its failing in PO with below error.

Error before sending due to idoc parsing error: (7) IDOC_ERROR_PARSE_FAILURE: An IDocConversionException occurred while parsing IDoc-XML for type <ACC_DOCUMENT03>:

state=READING_FIELD_VALUE_TAG, charPosition=1731, lineNumber=1, columnNumber=1732

Note iam using PO 7.4. single stack

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

Check my response in below thread.

Regards,

Praveen.

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nishan

Can you check below also:

Make sure you assign IDOC BEGIN=1 (Constant of value 1) all Begin=1 for all segment

& check note:OSS Note 1688780 - IDoc AAE Adapter fails to insert empty strings in database.

that may also help:

Regards

Gagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nishant

This error occurs when you send data in wrong format. The error message it gives is not correct. I have personally faced this. In my case also it was giving character position, but there was not problem in that position.

In my case the problem was that I was sending a blank value in the date field.

Try to send one segment at a time , disable the other segment in message mapping. In this way you will find out the segment which is causing problem and then you dig inside to find out the actual field.

I know it would be time consuming, but this will work for sure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

>> I am not able to see the idoc xml in RWB, its showing the source xml

Which version of PI u are using? Either enable staging at global level or interface specific level (in case u are using PI7.31)

>> I have values in all the mandatory fields

Make sure all the segment attributes are mapped with constant 1 + in case u are using dates then make sure the format is correct.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

NishantChavan
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Amit for your suggestion on how to check the payload. I am able to see the payload now. All the required fields has value however still getting error. I am attaching payload as well as error. Please advice

iDOX XML Payload.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<_-SCWM_-WMTCID01>

<IDOC BEGIN="1">

<_-SCWM_-E1LTCOH SEGMENT="1">

<LGNUM>W110</LGNUM>

<WHO>0000002419</WHO>

<SQUIT>X</SQUIT>

<PROCESSOR>Administrator</PROCESSOR>

<CONFIRMED_DATE>12/04/13</CONFIRMED_DATE>

<_-SCWM_-E1LTCOI SEGMENT="1">

<TANUM>2535</TANUM>

<SQUIT>X</SQUIT>

<ALTME>EA</ALTME>

</_-SCWM_-E1LTCOI>

</_-SCWM_-E1LTCOH>

</IDOC>

</_-SCWM_-WMTCID01>

Error

03.01.2014 14:26:02.165ErrorIDoc: Error before sending due to IDoc parsing error: (7) IDOC_ERROR_PARSE_FAILURE: An IDocConversionException occurred while parsing IDocXML for type </SCWM/WMTCID01>: state=READING_FIELD_VALUE_TAG, charPosition=586, lineNumber=1, columnNumber=587
03.01.2014 14:26:02.170ErrorMP: exception caught with cause com.sap.aii.af.idoc.exception.IDOCAdapterException: IDoc: Error before sending due to IDoc parsing error: (7) IDOC_ERROR_PARSE_FAILURE: An IDocConversionException occurred while parsing IDocXML for type </SCWM/WMTCID01>: state=READING_FIELD_VALUE_TAG, charPosition=586, lineNumber=1, columnNumber=587
03.01.2014 14:26:02.181ErrorException caught by adapter framework: (7) IDOC_ERROR_PARSE_FAILURE: An IDocConversionException occurred while parsing IDocXML for type </SCWM/WMTCID01>: state=READING_FIELD_VALUE_TAG, charPosition=586, lineNumber=1, columnNumber=587
03.01.2014 14:26:02.182ErrorTransmitting the message to endpoint <local> using connection File_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.aii.af.idoc.exception.IDOCAdapterException: IDoc: Error before sending due to IDoc parsing error: (7) IDOC_ERROR_PARSE_FAILURE: An IDocConversionException occurred while parsing IDocXML for type </SCWM/WMTCID01>: state=READING_FIELD_VALUE_TAG, charPosition=586, lineNumber=1, columnNumber=587
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Cross check ur date format?

<CONFIRMED_DATE>12/04/13</CONFIRMED_DATE>

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

NishantChavan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

The idoc which got created with iDoc adapter has the same format in SAP. What should be the format in idoc XML?

Thanks,

Nishant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Looks like there might be some values missing in the IDoc as per xsd..

As the new Idoc adapter IDoc_AAE does a validation of the IDoc against the xsd..so check the Idoc generated is as per IDoc xsd.. like segment should have value 1 as per xsd..else will end up getting the above errors...

This is the new feature of the idoc_aae adapter..

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

>>IDOC_ERROR_PARSE_FAILURE: An IDocConversionException occurred while parsing IDocXML for type </SCWM/WMTCID01>: state=READING_FIELD_VALUE_TAG, charPosition=586, lineNumber=1, columnNumber=587

Open failed  idoc xml and check 586th character of the payload, I believe either u have provided some incorrect value or missed populating some mandatory attribute segment.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nishant,

If you mapping is right you should check this note:1688780 - IDoc AAE Adapter fails to insert empty strings in database

Refer this thread:

Regards.