cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA Cloud access in AWS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I was thinking of register with AWS for HANA cloud access. The openSAP training landscape contains two on-demand instances:

1. HANA Server on SUSE with the size: High Memory - Double Extra Large (m2.2xlarge)

2. HANA Client on Windows with the size: Standard - Medium (m1.medium)

But there is something called "Elastic IP, Data Transfer and Elastic Load Balancing. How do I configure those? Its bit confusing..Does CAL takes care of everything on its own or we need to provide the correct info's?

Can anyone provide the proper config in which way I can avoid extra cost by using AWS

Kindly suggest..

thanks

Avi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Just one question, I did the N4H trial on AWS begining of march, nothing was stating about cost of 1$ per hour (even shut down)...

In My case I had to pay 1600$ for one month, on my private bank account.

I did not recieved no warning from Amazon billing neither from SAP

I think we are several being cheated by Amazon and SAP proposing this fake free trial with a toxic combination.

I really want to do something for this feel free to send me private email to sommer.it.consulting@free.fr

Regrads, JM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jean-Michel,

if you search SCN you may be able to find posts about people successfully challenging AWS bills. i complained about $.01 and they reversed, albeit relatively small, monthly bill for me. you can also set up billing alerts, but if you don't pay attention to the line items on your bill and don't understand what is driving AWS cost, you may end up with a hefty bill.

they key is not to keep large amounts of data "hanging" in live running instances and get into the habit of turning off services that you don't really use. knowing which geo is really efficient for you helps as well as i have learned this month (the hard way of course).

have fun with the cloud,

greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greg,

Thx for your comment, I will dig SCN for other guys complaining...

I discussed it with my SAP pre-sale and quality manager, basically they don't care and they will not support me defending the fact that pushing blindly an image to someone cloud is not a fair.

The guys just send me the link to the cost estimator, when you install SUSE for HANA (on purpose)... it give 150$ per month... I can tell you, it's 10 times more.

Regards, JM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bernd and Chris,

Thanks for your suggestion. Since the AWS system image provide for the course and couldnt find any other discussion forum, I had posted my queries into this forum.

Regards

Avijit

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Avijit,

I've moved this discussion to the SAP HANA Developer Centre forum (as these folks will be able to help a lot more with your questions.)

You might want to do as Bernd suggested also.

I hope you find the answer to your questions,

It is also possible to access HANA through the HANA Cloud Platform (and as a trial it's free!) but that has nothing to do with AWS.

Cheers,

Chris

bernd_hofmann
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Avi,

I'm afraid you chose the wrong forum for your question. I guess you are referring to the current openSAP course Introduction to Software Development on SAP HANA. This forum here is for the SAP HANA Cloud Platform and we do not use AWS but rather provide our own infrastructure.

So maybe you better post your question in the Discussion Forum of the openSAP course itself as I assume the colleagues there can help you better.

-Bernd