cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IE11 - Crystal Reports - PrintMode ActiveX now displaying PDF prompt (instead of printer prompt)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I asked this question over at stackoverflow and am now taking it here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20672254/ie11-crystal-reports-printmode-activex-now-displaying-pd...

It's a simple straight-forward question.  IE11 is breaking the ActiveX plug-in used for printing from the Crystal Report Viewer.  All the pretty pictures are in the link I provided.  But the jist is that for my ActiveX Print Mode reports, the PDF dialog is presented now instead of the normal Printer dialog (unless I use Compatibility Mode)

Other details:

I am using the Crystal Reports that comes with Microsoft Visual Studio 2008.  For the life of me I can't remember how this got installed on one of my browser's (maybe an install from Visual Studio?) ... but I've been deploying the Crystal Print Control 10.5 (32-bit; version: 10.5.1.2285).

And as mentioned in the stackoverflow post I have all ActiveX settings enabled and ActiveX Filtering off.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi William,

Moved your post to the .NET SDK forum.

CR for VS 2008 was included in the installer of Visual Studio, you can remove it from Add/Remove Programs.

Unfortunately the CR Basic that comes with VS 2008 only had one patch released and that's it. IE 11 was not released when it came out so we could not support it.

Currently there are no versions of CR or our SDK packages that do support it.

Crystal Reports Developer for Visual Studio SP 9 will support IE 11. You can get it from the Overview Tab and then on the left side. But it requires VS 2010 or above and SP 9 will support VS 2013 and IE 11.

In VS you could select either ActiveX or PDF:

I don't have IE 11 but to change the PDF go into the Add-ins menu:

See this link for supported OS's and VS's:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/x/b4JiAw

Also, IE 11 is likely on Windows 2008 Server or possibly Window 8.x.

Best thing to do is upgrade VS and then download the CR installer into VS so it supports current OS's and Browsers.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Don,

You said the following:

Crystal Reports Developer for Visual Studio SP 9 will support IE 11. You can get it from the Overview Tab and then on the left side. But it requires VS 2010 or above and SP 9 will support VS 2013 and IE 11.

To clarify:

You are NOT saying that I can download Crystal Reports Developer for Visual Studio through the Overview tab.  You ARE saying that I can get a "support pack 9" through the Overview tab.  Is that correct?

On the left-hand side is a 'Related Resources' section, and below that is the header: "SAP Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010" in bold.

Below that are two links: Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010 Updates & Runtime Downloads and SDK Library.  So, I click the former.  That takes me to:

On that link I see a table that lists the different Support Packs, but I only see Support Pack 7 with Support Pack 8 coming soon.  Where would Support Pack 9 be?  The one you are referring to?  Also, once I eventually install a newer Visual Studio, and get the Crystal Reports - I'm going to want to install the Support Packs.  I'm assuming I could skip right ahead to say Support Pack 8 (if that was the latest) and install that - without having to install 1, 2, 3, etc. before that.  Is that correct?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hi William,

SP 9 is not available yet, and Ludek checked and apparently CR For Visual Studio SP 7 does support "IE 11 Preview" Not sure what that means though.

So if you are going to upgrade Visual Studio go with VS 2010 or VS 2012, SP 9 will support VS 2013 when SP 9 comes out in a few months.

And the SP's are full builds so you only have to install the latest.

There are issues with Cassini in VS 2012 also, it's the inProc IIS server for testing within the VS IDE only. MS renamed it to IISExpress but it doesn't work, we are working with MS to resolve the issues.

You can use legacy mode for it though and it does work. Search the fixed issues in SP 6 and above to find out the kbase articles.

Also, if you install VS 2010/2012 VS has problems upgrading old projects and it mixes references so go into add/remove and remove the CR Basic for VS 2008 before install CR for VS 2010/2012.

Hope that clarifies things..

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have tried various options and it stills gives export option on clicking print icon.

I have also tried the latest version 13.xx.

I have also set the PrintMode property to Pdf.

Is there any other solution?

Regards,

Vantage

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First off, you should start a new discussion with this instead of tagging on to the end of a discussion that's over a year old.

Secondly, the newer versions of IE by default restrict the use of ActiveX components, so you may need to check that in order to get this to work.

-Dell

0 Kudos

Hi Vantage,

R&D confirmed this is an issue in CR not selecting the PDF print driver in IE 11.

It does work if you set IE 11 to Compatibility mode.

SP 13 should have the fix in it and it should be out next week if all goes well.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dell,

I continued in the same post as it will help the other users as well to see in the same post.

-Vantage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

Thanks for your response and will be waiting for the next SP.

-Vantage

Former Member
0 Kudos

May I request to please confirm SP 13 is available to use and if yes please share the link

Regards

Lalit

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SP 13 is available here:  http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-7824

-Dell

Answers (0)