Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect SAP systems from Eclipse

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am just trying to move from SE80 to Eclipse for ABAP developments.

I installed Eclipse followed by installtion of ABAP development tools using https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/juno as source of software tools.

I am unable to connect SAP

systems which are already available in SAP logon pad. I can see systems while creating new project but when I am trying to login into system using correct credentials eclipse is throwing error.

I am putting all details below.

Please help me in getting a solution of this problem.

Thanks.

Error which is occuring -

Eclipse Version - 4.2 Juno

System Details:  Please note there is some warining regarding SNC but I am not sure that is this creating some problem.

Network connection preferences in Eclipse

Below is Trace of Eclipse -

**** Error file opened at 20131220 090633 India Standard Time Rel 3.1.0
Embedded (2013-01-25) [721.44]

Error:  >Fri Dec 20 09:06:33,457<   
RfcException: [null]

Connection parameters:
TYPE=A DEST=ED1_110_rbagaria_en
ASHOST=170.167.250.16
YSNR=00
PCS=1
LOCATION    SAP-Gateway on host sap-ed1ci.np.XXXXX.com / sapgw00

ERROR       timeout during allocate

TIME        Fri Dec 20 03:37:27 2013

RELEASE     721

COMPONENT   SAP-Gateway

VERSION     2
RC          242

MODULE      gwr3cpic.c

LINE        2164

DETAIL      no connect of TP sapdp00 from host 170.167.250.16 after 20 sec

COUNTER     3

Return code: RFC_FAILURE(1)

error group: 102

key: RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION

Below entries are in host file

sapmsED1 3600/tcp

sapmsES1 3602/tcp

Message was edited by: Florian Henninger Question was marked as assumed answered. Please close the solved questions to help yourself and everybody other.

12 REPLIES 12

former_member186216
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

using SNC is recommended for security reasons, but it is not mandatory.

Does the corresponding SAPLogon entry work error-free if you try to connect with SAPGUI?

Best regards,

Marco

0 Kudos

Yes Marco. It is working perfectly when I am trying to use SAP Logon.

0 Kudos

Hello Rahul.

We are facing similar issue while connecting to Gateway system from Eclipse. However, the IP address referring to the SAP system is a natted ip and not the direct ip/hostname.

Is your problem resolved? If yes, what did you do?

Thanks in advance.

Anil Japa

0 Kudos

Hello,

we have seen similar issues related to the resolution of host names or IP numbers.

Please try the following:

Add the IP number you are using in the system connection (in Rahul's case: 170.167.250.16) to profile parameter gw/alternative_hostnames of the application server you are trying to connect to.

If that does not help, we need the Eclipse support information (support.zip) for deeper analysis.

Best regards,

Marco

0 Kudos

Thanks a ton marco. That really helped and resolved our issue.

Regards,

Anil Japa

0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

thanks a lot for the hint. I assume this stept would also work if you enter the internal DNS name e.g. SID.services.domain. I've implemented it with the IP address but I think DNS entry is more comfortable and flexible in case IP changes.

Best regards.

Timmy

0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

Can you please tell me where can I find below parameter. I am not sure where to add the IP as mentioned below.

"profile parameter gw/alternative_hostnames of the application server you are trying to connect to."

Thanks,

Saravanan.

0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan,

please use transaction RZ10 and select the instance profile. Select "extented maintanenance" and than add the parameter.

Hi Marco,

I am facing ditto issue when access sap via SAP Hana Studio, i have added gw/alternative_hostnames in RZ10. But still issue.

Please help .

Thanks,

Amit Sharma

0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

just to be sure. To activate the parameter a system restart is required. Have you restarted the system before trying the connection again?

Regards Timmy

0 Kudos

But if i'm connecting to an Application server , it is an authentication issue. Can we have anyother way

kartikrajag
Participant
0 Kudos

I ran into similar issue; I was able to connect to my SAP( S/4 1909) server from GUI; but getting error from Eclipse (ver. 2020-06) " Logon to system <sid> failed (partner '<IP>:<PORT>' not reached)"; during troubleshoot , it was discovered that, company's firewall is blocking the port num. Eclipse uses to connect.