cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel 2013 and SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards 4.1 Support Pack1 version 14.1.1.1036

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards 4.1 Support Pack1 version 14.1.1.1036

Question: Excel 2013 supported ?

I'm using this software together with Excel 2013 on a Windows 7 64-bits 8gb PC.

Once I create a new dashboard the excel.exe*32 process consumes more than 50 % CPU continuously.

Is this because Excel 2013 is not supported ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

My experience with SAP BO Dashboard with Excel 2013 is horrible. At my laptop, Dashboard usually crashed after some period of time, maybe 2 hours, 4 hours, max 6 hours.  Sometimes, some pointer in the excel, changed to another sheet without any warning, which comes to a confusing checking dashboard preview time. and yes, the excel.exe*32 process consumes more than 30 - 40% CPU continuously, even when i just started it.  Until now, i haven't know the cause of this.

Anyway, in the end, i downgrade to Excel 2010. If you can, then all i can suggest is downgrade it.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Febrillian,

Good to hear that I'm not the only one,

I've faced similar issues with editing cells. If I click on cell C3 and I visit another cell the Dashboards program copies the contents of cell C3 in the other cell !. This is very frustrating and time consuming.

Downgrading Excel is not an option for me since I've got a full functioning Office 2013 suite with Outlook, Onenote etc.

According to the PAM (as Amr pointed out) this IS a supported platform so it should be fixed. As I wrote before it could also be a MS bug.

Thank you all for your comments.

I will try to report this is a product defect.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone seen a solution yet? I am seeing the same problems.
I am on SAP Dashboards 4.1 SP3.

Thanks

Al.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please help me how to downgrade excel in SAP dashboards, I'm facing lot of issues with excel 2013.

Many thnaks,

Deve

former_member197738
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi APJ,

Looks like we are in same boat.

Is there a possibility for Option B?

Excel layer behaving suspicious.

Its frustrating to see cells getting copied increasing chances of file corruption.

We have both 2013 and 2010 installed in system. Its imp for us to have 2013 suite for business reason.

Two possible approach.

A. Install Office-2013 and then install Office-2010, this will take Priority over excel 2013 Suite, hopefully dashboard will run smoothly.

B. If Plan A fails then, Install in any sequence and Prioritize on Dashboard application to choose 2010. Is this possible? please advise

Regards,

Fahad

former_member197738
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Devadas,

If you have admins rights, you can uninstall from "Program and Feature" under Control Panel.

Regards,

Fahad

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi A.P.J

This is for others too,

I've faced similar issues with editing cells when I was using Excel 2013. Then I downgraded it to 2010, then I was facing new Issue of Crashing xcelsius Dashboard file. few file which were build on 20132 were crashing when opened on 2010. so take back up of your copies and then downgrade.

I hope this will help you guys.

Best Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm having lots of problem with Excel 2013 (issues with editing cells, unable to use the formula editor to modify formulas -must do it in the same cell without even looking at the formula editor to avoid distraction-, high CPU usage, annoyance of CTRL+C/CTRL+V not working properly)

Since this problem has originally been reported a long time ago, I was just wondering if anyone has found a solution or has any idea on how to solve it.

4.1 SP5 (14.1.5.1501) !!

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Excel 2013 is supported with dashbaord 4.1: See sap kba 1861455 - Xcelsius with Microsoft Office 2013

but there is a lot of problem when using it: See SAP KBA 1959370 - Dashboard Design 4.1 does not work correctly with imported
excel sheet in Office 2013

Best Regards,

Mohamed AISSA

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are also experiencing this issue as well.  The latest 4.1 SP4 Patch update 2 doesn't seem to be any better.  Do we need to submit tickets to SAP reporting this issue to get their attention?  If the software is listed as supported in the PAM then this needs to be addressed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good afternoon.

We are facing the same problem.

Is there any update?

The Dashboard does not support Execel 2013 and lock equipment with process consuming a lot of CPU.

grateful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gustavo,

I believe Ryan is right. The problem should be reported to SAP.

I hope 🙂 Ryan is willing to do this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perhaps if we all submitted enough incidents/tickets that would get their attention.

0 Kudos

After searching on Google I found this topic.

I have exactly the same problem with Excel 2013 and SAP Dashboards, Support Pack 4 to be precise. (14.1.4.1327)

Both high CPU usage of an Excel*31 process, and also the annoyance of CTRL+C/CTRL+V not working at all, unable to select dropdowns of the embedded Excel panel.

When I kill the process, the Excel panel inside of Dashboards disappears.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Al,

I have seen customers reporting issues in dashboard with Excel 2013. And CPU comsumption is one of them. And the same is fine with Excel 2010. So I guess its better to go with Excel 2010.

Regards,
Abhilasha

amrsalem1983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i'm not sure about that, but maybe you can try to disable the excel add-ons you have, such like Live office and others.

amrsalem1983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

how much data in your dashboard? maybe this is the reason

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Office 32 bit Office is installed. There is no error.

The excel.exe*32 is continuously taking 50 % of the CPU.

The dashboard and the spread sheet are empty.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amr, There was only one add-in active (Acrobat's makepdf).

If I disable that add-in CPU usage drops to 35-40% (which is still quite high).

So you helped me with that suggestion, thanks for that.

However I still believe this is either a MS bug or something is wrong in the dashboards program.

Do you know anyone with Office 2013 using the Dashboards program and not facing this issue ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you kill the Excel*32 process from task manager  and started the dashboard app once again?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Durgamadhab there is no Excel*32 process running when I start the dashboards program. So the process is started by the dashboards program.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you post a print screen of the error?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not get an error. It's just that my CPU usage is abnormal and the fan is working very hard to cool the processor. My notebook is a high end Toshiba Tecra with enough memory (still 4 gb available when dashboards is running).

former_member197738
Participant
0 Kudos

I agree with you APJ, having the same issue with CPU usage. At first I thought I have too many application open but even stand alone Dashboard application taking 30-to 50% CPU usage.

I guess Dashboard is not configured with 2013.

amrsalem1983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think Excel 2013 is supported by 4.1 SP01

look into the 4.1 SP1 PAM

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/507d3365-009b-3010-04b0-e5abc8f00...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for pointing that out Amr .

I've changed the priority in the excel.exe*32 service (priority) but that is not helping in any way.

Virus scanner set to off -> no effect

Reinstalled both Office and Dashboards -> no effect

There are no programs active which could interfere with Dashboards or Excel.

Perhaps this is a MS Excel automation problem ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you remove the 64bit of office if its installed and just install the 32 bit of the office.. As dashboard will only support the 32bit version of office..

Also check if there is a Excel*32 running from task manager process already.. in that case kill that process and start the dashboard once again..

Also please let us know what if the error you see when you start the dashboard?