Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will SAP BPC support my SAP BW & SAP BOBJ skills?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am interested in learning SAP BPC.

I have good knowledge on SAP BW and SAP BOBJ.

Is that a good option to learn SAP BPC as well?Can some one please guide me on how well having a knowledge on SAP BPC as well,will help me out with my SAP career.

Choosing which module of SAP now,will support my skills in SAP BW and SAP BOBJ?Any suggestions in this context is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sruthi.

4 REPLIES 4

Venkat_Pendyala
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Sruthi,

If your are confident with SAP FI skills then go for BPC or else opt HANA.  I can guide you

Regards,,

Venkat

0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Can you please let me know,which HANA certification you have attempted?

And how well its supporting your current skill set?

Thanks,

Sruthi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sruthi,

SAP BPC10.1 integrated both SAP BW-IP as well as SAP BPC 10.0, even though you are expert in BW reporting and Integrated planning you should learn BPC WebUI terminologies because it is going to be common.

Also if you know BW then BPC would be easy for you. SAP HANA is going to be base tool for whole SAP so if you learn about SAP HANA your worth will increase for sure and it never decrease. But SAP is targeting the end user in SAP HANA by providing easy interface so it nearly reduce the help of IT.

Better know about SAP HANA and how it is working but learn SAP BPC thoroughly will support your skills:-) All the best!!!

Thanks,

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat and Suresh,

Thank you so much for your valuable suggestions.

I am currently working towards HANA. And I am really interested in giving HANA certification.

As of now 3 HANA certifications are available(Technology,Application,Support).I am little confused in choosing a certification,which will better suite me.

Any suggestion in this context is really appreciated.

Thanks,

Sruthi.