cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why ME84 does not insert a value in release date in table EKEK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

This forum is in reference to “Why MIGO-GR in subcon with SA keep hitting Message no M7022” posted previously.

If possible the bad result came back again..The following is my initial delivery shedule after MRP run.

Next, I perform the release of the delivery schedule via ME84, the following Release Date value appear on table EKEK

The 6 pcs is able to appear automatically when I tried to perform GR of the subcontracting stock.
Goods receipt is able to perform successfully.

Material Document generated and posted

The delivery schedule line of 6pcs no longer appear in the SA (which is correct because the total 6pcs of delivery schedule is fulfilled).

Now, I manually adding in the two delivery schedule line via ME38.

Next I went to run ME84 on 22.12.2013

The EKEK table, for some reason, does not insert the Release Date as 22.12.2013

As a result of the above, when I try to create MIGO posting, the quantity (i.e. 8pcs) does not appear automatically

Hence, I manually put in 8pcs, and my previous error message which I posted on previous forum still appear (i.e. Message no. M7022).

QUESTION:
I think the root problem is why Release of ME84 is not able to insert a date value in the “Release Date” field in table EKEK?
My previous release of ME84 is able to generate a value on the Release Date field in table EKEK.
But it is not possible this time around?
Should there is a value in the Release Date after the ME84, the MIGO will successfully default the delivery schedule line quantity and error mentioned above will note appear.

Do you know why?

Regards,
Daniel.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Petepall
Contributor
0 Kudos

Daniel,

Me again, the release date in EKEK is only filled if the release is effectively sent out of the system.

With ME84 you generate a release but you do not necessary sent out the release.

If on your output type you have not defined date & time setting as 4 then the release will have to be transmitted either via a background job or via ME9E.

Check via MN11 what setting you have for the output type that you are using here.

Example from my system:

EKEK table before release generation:

As you can see all release dates are filled.

If I check in ME38 then I see that all my releases have indeed been transmitted.

In the release documentation all the items must be in green then all the releases are transmitted.

Now I run ME84

If I now check EKEK table then I see that for this release the release date is not filled.

If you now check the release documentation again in ME38 then you see that the release will have a yellow light meaning it's not yet transmitted to the vendor. Once you transmit then the release date will be filled.

When I now transmit this release using ME9E the EKEK date is as shown below:

So as I mentioned also in my previous responses in the other discussion check if the release is really transmitted in ME38.

Regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

This is my testing, and you are perfect!

Original EKEK table:

Next, I went to run ME9E transaction code (p.s. you are right that the MN12 show date & time setting as 3)

EKEK table now become, and the release date does appears.

Now I performed MIGO, and indeed, the default quantity came out.

And it matches my delivery schedule stock quantity of 13pcs.

Thanks Pete, and Merry Christmas!

Regards,
Daniel

Answers (0)