cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balancing of fund usage in TFM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I had some doubts related to balance of fund usage in Trade Funds Mgmt.

I have gone through SAP help and material but the following questions remain unanswered.

1. I read that CRM_TPM_1 is required for the functionality "balance Fund Usages".

Is business function activation of CRM_CF_1 also required to achieve the functionality of balancing of Funds Usage?

2. I know balancing of Funds Usage will release unconsumed budget back to the Fund.

For e.g. consider the following key-figures of Fund checkbook.

Budget = 1000, Reserved = 500,

So Available-to-Reserve will be 500

Available-to-Spend & Remaining Cash will still be 1000.

Now if Settled = 300, Available-to-Spend & Remaining Cash will become 700 but Available-to-Reserve will still be 500.

Now if there are no more Settled amounts to be updated in Fund checkbook, Unconsumed budget = difference between planned spends and actuals = 500 - 300 = 200.

So this amount of 200 needs to be release back to Fund.

So once I do balance of Fund Usage, where (in which key-figure) will this amount of 200 be added back?

Will this be added to key-figure Available-to-Reserve?

3. When will I do the balance of Fund Usages?

Is it when a Trade Promotion is closed and I am sure that no more actual spends will occur with respect to the Trade Promotion?

4. How will I do the balance of Fund Usages?

Suppose a Fund has multiple Fund Usages which has references to many Trade Promotions e.g. say T1, T2 and T3.

Now T1 is closed and I don't expect any more actuals w.r.t. T1, do I need to balance ONLY those Fund Usages which refer to T1?

If 'yes', does it mean that if there are 5 Fund Usages with respect to T1, do I select all 5 Fund Usages and click on button "Balance Fund Usages" ?

Somehow I am not able to see any result of doing "Balance Fund Usage" in my system so I am not able to verify the above points myself.

Please reply if you have set-up and worked on this scenario because theoretical material is not helping.

Regards

Animesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure of point 1 but please find my answeres to the some of the points raised

2. The 200 is found in the key figure Unconsumed Budget. This will in turn be added in the Available-to-Reserve and is available to be used for other trade promotions.

3 and 4. When you close a TP, system will automatically balance the fund usage. You do not need to manually hit the balance fund usage. So you close the activity when you do not expect for further postings due to spends. In the case you have provided, all fund usages under T1 are automatically balanced when this TP is closed.

former_member196553
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

please refer to the following document:

This should explain the process design.

regards,

Johannes