cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BI certification-Need Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Iam a mainframe guy from IT industry with more than 8 years of EXP in mainframes. I have decided to move out of mainframes and jump into SAP. Some of my IT friends suggested that I take up SAP BI certification and move on for better opportunities.

Few Questions I have (no better than asking you guys):  

>> Is BI a better field for starters like me ?

>> To do a certification in India( for guys like me without a SAP background), the ONLY option for me is to get enrolled in one of the SAP education partners and take up OLT or ILT with certification. All these come in a package and they charge nearly

6000$ (where the certification itself costs just about 500$). Some of my friends suggested that I take up SAP courses in non-authorised SAP education centres(where the fees is just about 400$) and do a certification in Dubai ? Is this even allowed ?

Please suggest.

>> Also, I went through the contents of BI certification courses. They don't cover most of the BO reporting tools like Crystal reports, Web-I etc..... I may be a novice here. So, is this course good enough for me to learn BO reporting tools or should I focus on something else ? Any thoughts ? (FYI: Iam interested in learning both BO and BW)

Couse name: SAP Certified Application Associate- Business Intelligence with SAP NetWeaver 7.0

Appreciate your immediate help......

Thanks,

Vinoth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

As per my knowledge.... If you are interested into SAP

>>  BI is good,

( If your are interested into programming then start with ABAP ).

>>  As @ Ravi shankar said every country has there rules for Certification. please go through the link

Training and Certification Shop   

and select Country >>>> where you need to take certification centre......       

Please go through your certification syllabus clearly, where ever your trained is not important.

even you can do certification in Dubai.

>> As you mentioned certification  code :  C_TBW45_70

SAP Certified Application Associate- Business Intelligence with SAP     NetWeaver 7.0

i)  If you go through the certification Syllabus, there is no need to learn SAP BO .please find the link                    below in detail for syllabus : C_TBI30_73        

https://training.sap.com/v2/certification/c_tbw45_70-sap-certified-application-associate--business- ... intelligence-with-sap-netweaver-70-g/

ii) If you are interested in taking BI & BO certification then go for this certification link below

https://training.sap.com/v2/certification/c_tbi30_73-sap-certified-application-associate---         ... business-intelligence-with-sa…

Best Regards,

NAGA.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Babu,

I found your reply very useful.  I do have few questions.

>> C_TBW45_70: When you mean no need to learn BO separately, does this cover some of the BO concepts ?

>> C_TBI30_73 : This course was not given by any of SAP partners in Chennai. Personally, I liked this certification because there were few reporting tools(like crystal reports) included. Can a starter like me take up this certification, if supplied with good coaching ?

>> Last, what are the countries would you suggest other than Dubai ? I don't plan on spending exorbitant amount for SAP coaching.

After certification, i planned to gain some work experience in SAP through some of my sources. On a personal level, what is your suggestion.

Appreciate your time and help.

Thanks,

Vinoth

0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

>> C_TBW45_70  :  Its purely related to SAP BI contents...No Business Objects  required ( WEBI,CRYSTAL,DASH BOARDS).

>> C_TBI30_73    : i) Coming to this code in detail...I am not sure about SAP Partners in INDIA. As a starter I hope its very difficult to clear this certification.This code                                 includes SAP BI fundamentals, Bex Reporting & BO different flavors ( WEBI, CRYSTAL, DASH BOARDS ).

ii) My suggestion go for either BI or BO first, next you go for other. even if you go for good coaching you may not digest both at a time & they may                                   not give you full course in detail knowledge.

>>                      : i)  you can select near places to INDIA such as Malaysia, Singapore, Dubai.........

ii) Even you can get Work experience through scn.sap posts ...space (SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse)

Best Regards,

Naga.                     

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kanakasabapathy,

Choosing module is upto your taste.if you have money you can take course is better sap authorized partner.otherwise take local institute.then join small sap partners level company and will do the exam with exam fee only.

As per my enquiry is not possible to write the exam without taking course.

So I request you to take a course from sap authorized partner and do the exam.

Note 1:

I enquired all the way for write the exam.

---------- Forwarded message ----------

Date: Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Subject: RE: ***SAP BASIS Associate certification EXAM***

To: "Mahendran .K"

Dear Mahendran,

One of the requirements for taking a certification exam in MENA region is that you have an S-User ID if you are not MENA national or resident. If you do not have an S-User ID then you need to attend a course first with SAP in order to receive one.

Kind Regards,

Ivana Gerasimova

SAP Education MENA

Global Finance Shared Services

SAP Business Services Centre Europe s.r.o., Avenir Business Park, Radlicka 714/113a,15800 Prague 5, Czech Republic

E-mail: education.mena@sap.com

1. www.sap.com

Please consider the impact on the environment before printing this e-mail

This e-mail is a property of SAP Business Services Centre Europe s.r.o. and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail by mistake) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

SAP Business Services Centre Europe s.r.o. is registered in the Commercial Register administered by the Municipal Court in Prague under Section C, insert 78647, Identification Number: 26194333, having its registered office at Radlicka 714/113a, 158 00 Prague 5.

Sent: Monday, October 14, 2013 5:43 PM
To: SAP Education MENA
Subject: ***SAP BASIS Associate certification EXAM***

Hi,

I request you to provide a details of assocaite certification exam.I didn't take any traning for sap basis course and dont have experience in SAP Basis.I dont have S user Id.I have good knowledge in SAP Basis and I can play with sap basis technical.

Please give me the details of the sap basis exam and how to enable S user Id to write a sap basis associate exam.

Note 2:

With answer

Sent: Friday, November 22, 2013 9:20 AM
To: SAP Education MENA
Subject: ***Reg.. Associate SAP Basis EXAM ***

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have good knowledge on sap basis and I m very strong in Oracle Database.

Without Experience and without taking the class, can I take the sap certification? If you are not MENA resident or national you have to take a course so that you will be eligible for S-user ID

Shall I pay only for the exam fees and take the certification? Course fees do not include certification.

I dont have S user ID, If I pay only the exam fee, will you provide a s-user Id for me to write the sap certification exam? No, that would be possible if you were a MENA resident or national.

I m  not not MENA national or resident.Also I m from country :India..It is eligible for me.

Please help me on this..I m waiting for your reply..

Regards,
Mahendran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mahendran,

Thank You!!

So, as i understand, without S ID, the certification is not possible in Czhec republic. Does the same apply for countries like Dubai, Singapore and Malaysia ?

Sort of confused with answers from many threads 😞 😞 ....

Thanks again,

Vinoth

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

Every country has their own rules for evaluating the candidates to allow for the certification. It really does not matter where you have learned, however, you should qualify according the rules of that country.

SAP / Authorised Training centers go in a structured way, which would hep you to pass the exam easily. However, unauthorised centers may not go in a structured way and does not really cover all the topics. Therefore, you would find difficult to pass the certification. This is particularly true in case of technical courses.

Please go through

training.sap.com

then search for your certification / course / contents etc.

Please ensure that you have familiar with all the topics mentioned in the certification. You cannot really afford to leave some of the topics.

All the best.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi,

Thanks for sparing your time... As i understand, the certification can still be taken outside India, provided that i cover up the entire contents related to certification. Correct me, if iam wrong..

Say if i take up certification in Dubai, should i enquire them in advance ? Please let me know,

Thanks,

Vinoth

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vinoth,

It is for your interest to familiarise yourself with all the contents and SAP is nothing to do with this. It is all up to how you prepare for the exam. SAP only sees whether you qualify their evaluation process (in terms of exprience / training etc.)

You must contact the particular country's SAP Education where you would intend to give the Certification. They would advise you whether you are eligible to write the certification or not on a case to case basis.

All the best.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi. I shall email 'em all.