cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSS do not want to use chief position

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using MSS with addon 1. By default MSS homepage team view shows up  if  user has the chief position, now need for A002 relationship, even if the user doesn't have the chief position.

I went through blogs in SDN and i found that in view V_TWPC_V we have to make few changes. This view has too much data in it. I don't which one to change. Please help me to know which data i have to change in view V_TWPC_V or  any other customizing i need to do.

Secondly, MSS addon 1 is installed in ECC, and the corresponding business package is not deployed in portal. Is this mandatory to have business package deployed in portal.

Your help is really appreciated.

Regards

Govind

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Deployment of Business package is not mandatory in portal anymore, you can do so via PFCG

BP are nothing but roles, Read the SAP note 1685257 and attachement it has which explains this new method

there are other applications in MSS< which rely on chief position if you use custom evaluation paths, you need to remember that, you can use only that in OADP config otherwise you need to make of the Function modules ie HRWPC_PATHROOTS

HRMSS_PERSON_EVAL_PATH and evalution path (S-S-P) in your own

FM and use this in your OADP.

How to test the OADP Configuration maintained for MSS - ERP Human Capital Management - SCN Wiki

note

Attendance overview and couple of other applications might not work for

the Reporting manager who is having A002/B002 relationship. This

relationship means "Reports to" and the inverse relationship is

"incorporates". All the standard object selection rules determine the

hierarchy by first determining the Head of the Org Unit. Unfortunately,

with the reporting managers this is not possible. Hence, it's not

possible to use the standard MSS for the reporting manager (A002/B002 )

relationship.

I suggest you copy function module HRMSS_PERSON_EVAL_PATH and modify it

to use another evaluation path, instead of MANASS, in order to get the

organizational units assigned to the portal user.

You could create a custom evaluation path copying the standard MANASS

and changing relationship 012 by 002.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Govind,

To display B

002 relationship employees under manager you need to do below 3 steps:

• Define a Z Evaluation path (Z002) as shown below in table: T778A

• Assign Z002 in the Rule (MSS_BIZ_RULE2) in table: V_TWPC_OBJSELRUL

• Maintain Priorities for Position to Position Relationship as below:

Points to be noted:

1. This method can show you only one level reportees
  2. This method will exclude Managers photograph in Hirarchial view
  3. Painful job to maintain Priorities for all existing positions

All the best,

Srikanth Naidu. Akula

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for the answers given. With the above answers i am able change the chief position to B002 and it is working now.  I copied FM HRMSS_PERSON_EVAL_PATH and made changes to it.

I am facing one problem here, i can see first level reportees in the team view and when i try to drill down to the second level, it gives me an hour glass and never turns up. I click on the green + icon on the first level reportee and thats it, the screen never changes.

Request you to please advise me what needs to be done. Please see the below screeshot.

Regards

Govind

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

can you debug and check? are two many employees being reported? performance issues?

you can check in RHSTRU00 your structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Govind,

First point what i want to make clear is there are some prerequisite for attaching the MSS role to an employee,

1. Employee must be occupying the chief position in the Org unit.

2. User name will be attached to the employee via 105 infotype.

Then  coming to the second point where the Business package needs to be deployment is needed in portal. And regarding the data which is displayed in team view please be specific on which you have to restrict.

Hope this gives you a clear idea.

Regards,

Mithun K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mithun,

Thanks for the reply.

First point: Prerequisite for attaching the MSS role to an employee, i am aware of this and we don't want to use this. If a person is reporting manager (A002) and even if he don't have chief position, he should still be able to see all the people reporting to him. Is this possible, how to achieve this.

Second point: This is just a question. It is not related to first point. Is it mandatory to have BP deployed in portal for MSS addon 1. Is it sufficient if we have MSS addon 1 in ECC and no corresponding BP in portal.

Regards

Govind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Govind,

I understand that managers also want to see there sub ordinate data but the same is not available in standard SAP as only it is achievable through MSS role(A012).If you want the same to be made available may be you can go ahead with custom development but bit complex i think so.

Regarding the deployment of Business package in portal it is mandatory..

Regards,

Mithun K

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can do what you want (use MSS without the "chief" relation) but it is a royal pain in the ....uhm, not fun. You will have to go in OADP and configure you OWN CUSTOM EVALUATION PATH(s) to meet your needs. Then you have to go into several of the iViews (or copies of them) and set them to use your evaluation path. And even then, you will likely hit some "hardcoded" issues in some of the programs/apps that might require enhancements on the backend as well.  There is a LOT of work to do this, but it can be done.